- Venice's Secret Service: Intelligence Organization in the Renaissance (Oxford University Press, 2018)
- Values and Ethics in Coaching with Rachel Hawley and Christiana Iordanou (SAGE Publishing, 2017)
*Won Coaching Book of the Year 2017 Award, The Henley Centre for Coaching*
- The Practitioner's Hanbdook of Team Coaching (With David Clutterbuck, Judie Gannon, Sandra Hayes, Krister Lowe and Dough MacKie) (Routledge, 2018)
- Spy Chiefs Volume I: Intelligence Leaders in the United States and United Kingdom (With Christopher Moran, Mark Stout, and Paul Maddrell) (Washington DC: Georgetown University Press, 2018)
- Spy Chiefs Volume II: Intelligence Leadersin Europe, the Middle East, and Asia (With Christopher Moran, Mark Stout, and Paul Maddrell)(Washington DC: Georgetown Univeristy Press, 2018)
- "Such a Noble Profession:" The Professionalization of Cryptology in Sixteenth Century Venice, Enterprise and Society, Accepted, Frothcoming.
- 'What Can we Learn from Sports and Sports Coaching?', Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research and Practice, 11:1(2018), pp. 1-2.
- 'Reconceptualizing Coach Education from the Perspectives of Pragmatism and Constructivism', Philosophy of Coaching: An International Journal, 2:2(2017), pp. 29-50 (With Tatiana Bachkirova, Peter Jackson, Judie Gannon, and Adrian Myers)
'Pestilence, Poverty and Provision: Re-evaluating the Role of the Popolani in Early Modern Venice', The Economic History Review, 69:3 (2016), pp. 801-822.
'What News on the Rialto? The Trade of Information and Early Modern Venice's Centralized Intelligence Organization', Intelligence and National Security, 31:3 (2016), pp. 305-326.
- Bridging the Gap: An Investigation into the Gap between Coaching and Mentoring Practice and Research, International Journal of Mentoring and Coaching (forthcoming)
‘Coaching in Undergraduate Management Education: A Case Study' (with Ashley Roberts), under review by an ABS 3* journal
Book chapters and essays
- 'Using Kinaesthetic Exertion to Engender Team Psychological Safety in UK Higher Education', in S. Taylor, and E. Antonacopoulou, E., Sensuous Learning for Practical Judgment in Professional Practice: Volume 2: Arts-based Interventions (London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2018) - with Ashley Roberts. [Forthcoming]
- 'The Origins of Organizing in the Sixteenth Century', in Gaggiotti et al., Origins of Organizing (Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2018) [Forthcoming]
- 'The Spy Chiefs of Renaissance Venice: Intelligence Leadership in the Early Modern World', in Maddrell et al., (eds.), Spy Chiefs II: Intelligence Leaders in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia (Washington DC: Georgetown University Press, 2018), pp. 43-66
- ‘Spy Chiefs: Power, Secrecy, and Leadership', in Moran et al. (eds.), Spy Chiefs Volume I: Intelligence Leaders in the United States and United Kingdom (Washington DC: Georgetown University Press, 2018), pp. 1-20 (with Christopher Moran and Mark Stout)
- 'Intelligence Leadership in the 21st Century', in Moran et al. (eds.), Spy Chiefs Volume I: Intelligence Leaders in the United States and United Kingdom (Washington DC: Georgetown University Press, 2018), pp. 301-310 (with Christopher Moran and Mark Stout).
- 'Developing Ethical Capabilities of Coaches', in Bachkirova, T., Spence, G., and Drake, D., eds., The Sage Handbook of Coaching (Sage, 2016) - with Patrick Williams.
- 'Coaching in Higher Education', in van Nieuwerburgh, C., ed., Coaching in Professional Contexts (Sage, 2015) (with Agnes Lech and Veronica Barnes)
- 'Exploring Cases Using Emotion, Open Space and Creativity', in Courtney, N., Poulsen, C., and Stylios, C., eds., Case-based Teaching and Learning for the 21st Century (Libri, 2015) (with Grier Palmer), pp. 19-38.