Arts Faculty Training sessions attended
- Introduction to Library and IT Resources, led by Robert O'Toole and Richard Parker. October 15th, 2008.
- Planning Your PhD and Working with your Supervisor, led by Mihai Balanescu. October 29th, 2008.
- What is Academic Writing?, led by Jackie Labbe. November 12th, 2008.
Graduate School Training sessions attended
- How to Quickly and Efficiently Take Notes, led by Kay Sanderson. October 29th, 2008.
- Speed Reading, led by Rachel Hardy. November 19th, 2008.
- Organising References using Endnote Web, led by Simon Speight. November 26th, 2008.
- Developing and Improving Memory, led by Caron King. February 13th, 2009.
- Thesis Structure, led by Mihai Balanescu. March 4th, 2009.
Teaching Training sessions attended
- Details of my teaching experience may be found here.
- Teaching Skills for Postgraduate Tutors in the Humanities, led by Mary Johnson. September 26th, 2008.
- Basic Workshop Facilitation Skills, led by Mary Johnson. November 3rd, 2008.
- In 2009/10, I am taking Part 1 of the University's Postgraduate Award Introduction to Academic and Professional Practice.
Institute of Advanced Studies sessions attended
- Postdoctoral funding in Arts and Social Sciences, led by Emily Senior. September 7th, 2010.
- Collaboration and Co-Authorship in the Humanities and Social Sciences, led by Barry Sheils. October 29th, 2010.
Training sessions delivered
- Making an Impact with Your Research. IAS Early Career Workshop. February 12th, 2010. I gave an informal talk at this training session on the uses of blogging in doctoral work.
Additional training and experience
- Module audited: Skills (Elizabethan Palaeography) in the Centre for the Study of the Renaissance, Spring 2009.
- Website Developer for University of Warwick Nursery, from October 2008.
- British Library National Postgraduate Training Day (Medieval to 18th Century), October 28th, 2008.
- European Computer Driving Licence, awarded July 2008.
- Focus group leader for Disability Services, 2007.
- Postgraduate Staff-Student Liaison Committee representative (MA), Department of English and Comparative Literary Studies, 2005-06.
- Driving Licence, awarded August 2009.