- 'Perception, Depiction and Description: Writing History', 18th and 19th May 2007, Glasgow University.
I gave a paper on 'The White Rose: The post-war construction of a German resistance myth', based on my M.St. dissertation.
- Warwick Postgraduate History Conference, 24th and 25th May 2007, University of Warwick.
I co-organised this two day conference, chaired one of the panels, and gave a paper on 'The advantages and disadvantages of using quantitative data in the analysis of anti-Nazi resistance in Europe'.
- 'Themes of Rebellion and Resistance', 21st September 2007, Stratford-upon-Avon, organised by the University of Birmingham.
I gave a paper on 'The general strike in Luxembourg in 1942'.
- 'Aberystwyth Postgraduate History Forum', 8th and 9th January 2008, University of Wales at Aberystwyth.
- 'Social History Society Annual Conference 2008', 27th-29th March 2008, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
The paper dealt with 'Luxembourg as borderland'.
- 'Migration and Movement in European History', 28th-30th April 2009, European University Institute in Florence.
The title of the paper is 'Migrating Ideologies: Italian immigration and transnational
resistance in the "Grande Région", 1933-39.'
- 'Oxford Gender and History Seminar Series', 19th May 2009, University of Oxford.
The working title for this paper is: 'Return to the kitchen? Injured masculinity and
the backlash against women's emancipation post World War Two.'