- 2006-2010: PhD "Investigating the post harvest genetic control of shelf life and vitamin C content in broccoli" The University of Warwick.
- 2005-2006: MSc (merit) "Conservation and Utilisation of Plant Genetic Resources. The University of Birmingham
- 2002-2005: BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences (Plant Biology). The University of Birmingham.
|Software||WHRI Modules||Workshops||Lab Training|
|Refworks||Biometrics||Growing Resources & Techniques||DNA extraction|
|Genemarker||Plant Genetics, Genomics & Bioinformatics||Intellectual Property||SSR & AFLP Training|
|Joinmap||Principles of Crop Production||Library Induction||Genomiphication|
|MapQTL||Data Acquisition I MOAC CH921||HPLC|
Graduate School Training Courses
|Graduate School Course|
3 day intensive skills training- Science & Medicine
|2008||Writing a PhD Thesis- Science & Medicine|
|Understanding academic writing and the main types of postgraduate writing|
|The academic style and language|
|Grammatcial accuracy: Morphology and syntax|
|How to write a literature review- Science & Medicine|
|2009||Writing for publication|
|Employer and alumni networking event|
|Preparing for and surviving your viva|
|The peer review process|
During my PhD I have had the opportuinity to visit broccoli growers and field trial officers from syngenta . Here i learnt how to identify when broccoli was mature enough to be harvested.
As part of my MSc I had the opportunity to go on a field trip throughout Morocco as part of a collection mission in collaboration with ICARDA, Hassan II Institute of Agronomy & Veterinary Medicinee, Rabat and the Royal Botanical Gradens, Kew. As part of the MSc training I spent a week on a residental visit to the Millenium Seed Bank at Wakehurst to learn about Seed Conservation and undertook a 3 month mini Arabidopsis plant breeding research project.
I sit on the SSLC committee as the vice chair.
I am the student representative for the Area 21 Health & Safety committee.
- 2008- WHRI Student Travel Award (£600) for travel to an international conference.
- 2006- BBSRC PhD Studentship (4 years)
- 2005- European Social Fund (1 year, MSc funding)