The department runs a series of fortnightly seminars intended to provide a forum for discussion of literary research projects underway both within and outside of the department. The programme timetable and schedule changes annually. Please see the events archive for details of previous seminars.
Week 2, Wednesday 12th October 2011, 4pm H545 - Professor Andrew Milner
- Topic: " From Flaubert to the Fantastique: Science Fiction and the Literary Field."
Week 5, Wednesday 2nd November 2011, 1pm H502 - Dr David O'Shaughnessy, Leverhulme Early Career Fellow
- Topic: ''An elevated perspective of Romantic theatre: John O'Keeffe in London''
Week 7, Wednesday 16th November 2011, 1pm H502 - Dr Paul Botley
- Topic: 'Richard Thomson Anglobelga (c.1570-1613)'
Week 10, Wednesday 7th December 2011, 1pm H502 - Will Eaves
- Topic - ''We are Prey: forty days and nights among the faithful''.
Week 4, Wednesday 1st February 2012, 1pm H502 - Dr Ross Forman
- Topic - 'A ''Spectacular Treatment'' of China: Popular Culture and the Boxer Rebellion of 1900'
Week 5, Wednesday 8th February 2012, 1pm H502 - Dr Stephen Purcell
- Topic - Dead Eyes and Slack Jaws: Identifying the Audience in Tim Crouch's 'I, Malvolio'
Week 7, Wednesday 22nd February 2012, 1pm H502 - Dr Sara Trevisan
- Topic - 'The Poetry of Michael Drayton (1563-1631) and Netherlandish Landscape Painting.'
Week 9, Wednesday 7th March 2012, 4:30pm - Rita Copeland (U Penn) Room H545
- Topic - Insinuating Authors