- British Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies, 39th Annual Conference, January 2010, convened at St Hugh's College, Oxford. "'Give thy thought no tongue': The friendship of John Byng and Edmund Malone during the Ireland Shakespeare forgery scandal of the 1790s". (shortlisted for the President's Prize)
- Experiencing Texts: Reading, Speaking, and Listening in History, July 2009, Vanbrugh College, University of York. "Understanding the `Description-Passion' of John Byng Across Two Centuries".
- Urban History Group Annual Conference, April 2009, convened at the University of Warwick, Coventry, West Midlands. "Dramatic Lighting: Electric Street Lighting and Civic Control in Late-Victorian St. Catharines, Ontario".
- Travel Writing, Spirit of Self, and Discovery of Place, June 2008, Durrell School of Corfu, Corfu, Greece. "Books in Brooks and Sermons in Stones: The Travels of John Byng and Some Thoughts on Englishness in the Eighteenth Century".
- Graduate History Conference, May 2007, University of Warwick, Coventry, West Midlands. "An Introduction to John Byng".
- Milton Plesur Conference 2006: Transcending Boundaries, Novel Approaches to History, April 2006, University at Buffalo, the State University of New York. "A Complicated Remembrance: A Case Study of the Historical Treatment of the First World War in Modern Children’s Non-fiction".
- Tri-University Graduate Conference in History, November 2005, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario. "Who Shall Remember? The Boer War and the Politics of Memory in St. Catharines, Ontario – final presentation".
- Construction Sites: Building Histories; the First Annual Graduate History Symposium, February 2005, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario. “Who Shall Remember? Unravelling the Politics of Memory in Early Twentieth Century St. Catharines, Ontario – preliminary findings".
- How to Get Your Research Noticed, April 2009, Institute of Advanced Study and University of Warwick Graduate School, University of Warwick. "How to be successful poster girls and boys".
- University of Warwick Annual Postgraduate Research Poster Competition, May 2008, University of Warwick, Coventry, West Midlands. "One House, Two Views". Winner - Arts Faculty Category
- University of Warwick Annual Postgraduate Research Poster Competition, May 2007, University of Warwick, Coventry, West Midlands. "The Many Faces of Mr. Byng". Winner - Arts Faculty Category