Central Research Questions
i. What was the meaning, significance, and implications of the emergence of the family carer in the field of mental health care in the post-war years?
ii. How was this emergence of the family carer similar and different from what had come before?
1. The Family Carer as an Object of Social Policy, c. 1954-1999
2. The Identification of the Family Carer as a Subject of Social Research, c. 1956-1998
3. Television and Film Representations of the Family Carer, c. 1960-1999
4. Mencap and the Family Carer, c. 1946-1999
5. The National Schizophrenia Fellowship and the Family Carer, c. 1971-1999
6. Post-war History of Mental Illness and Learning Disability: The Family Carer as Case Study
m dot thomson at warwick dot ac dot uk
'Care for the Community', Neil Webb (2008).