1. In the light of Ambedkar’s writings and his political involvements, discuss his strategies for Dalit emancipation.
2. In what ways were Ambedkar’s ideas a challenge to the politics of mainstream Indian nationalism?
1. B.R. Ambedkar, Annihilation of Caste (1936)
1. Arundhati Roy, “The Doctor And The Saint”
2. Gail Omvedt, Dalits And the Democratic Revolution: Dr Ambedkar and the Dalit Movement in Colonial India (1994)
3. Valerian Rodrigues, “Reading Texts And Traditions: The Ambedkar-Gandhi Debate”, Economic and Political Weekly, January 2011.
4. Christophe Jaffrelot, Dr Ambedkar And Untouchability: Analysing and Fighting Caste (2005)