1. Why were Indian women the object of colonial reforms?
2. With regard to women, was there any difference between nationalist reformist discourse and colonial reformist discourse?
3. For the historian of colonial India, is gender a useful category of analysis?
4. How did Mayo's Mother India articulate the 'woman question' in colonial India?
5. What were the relationships between the 'woman question' and Indian nationalism?
6. Why do women matter to nationalist critiques of “colonialism-as-improvement”?