Modern German Language 3
|Module Code: GE401|
|Module Name: Modern German Language 3|
|Module Coordinator: Andrea Klaus|
|Timetable by Group|
|Module Credits: 30|
The aims of this module are:
- To increase vocabulary, both general and specialised;
- to improve oral skills;
- to improve listening and reading comprehension skills;
- to improve translation skills (from German into English and vice versa)
- to identify and rectify grammar problems;
- to cultivate sensitivity towards language in general, and an awareness of register, semantics and style in particular.
Two two-hour examinations (an essay in German and two translation passages both from German into English and from English into German) and a 20 minute oral examination, during which candidates introduce their chosen topic and discuss a topic from a list chosen by examiners.