- What is the attitude of Gino and Fiore towards the Albanians they meet?
- What techniques are used in the film to differentiate Gino from the Albanian people? (Think of physical appearance, clothing, camera work).
- How does the film undermine the notion of national identity as something fixed and stable?
- How does the film blur distinctions between Italians and Albanians?
- How does the film evoke Italy’s past? a) as a country of emigrants, b) as a colonial power
- Why is the film called Lamerica? Why no apostrophe?
- What is the role of television and popular culture in the film?
- What are the expectations of the Albanians who are trying to get to Italy, and how does Gino respond to these?
- What would you normally expect from a ‘road movie’? How does this film correspond?