Seminar Week 9: Stefano Benni
Stefano Benni, ‘Papà va in Tv’, from L’ultima lacrima
- Define the terms irony and satire and explain how these are used in the text.
- What type of language is used in this short story? (refer especially to dialogue)
- Comment on the style of the piece.
- Discuss the opening paragraph. How is the family portrayed?
- How does the author combine fantasy and reality?
- Discuss the characters and their reactions to events of the story.
- What are the main concerns of the family members?
- What sense of morality is presented here?
- How does the text comment on:
the desire for fame
‘la bella figura’