We recognise that there are barriers to asking about LGBTQUA+ inclusive and queer practice, and are committed to breaking down those barriers. We offer an anonymous question-answering service as part of those efforts.
You might want to ask about:
- LGBTQUA+ inclusive terminology and language
- Queer pedagogies, and/or LGBTQUA+ inclusive pedagogies
- LGBTQUA+ inclusive data collection
- Supporting LGBTQUA+ staff and students
- Queering practice
Submit your question here, and it will be answered below within 5 working days wherever possible.
Your Questions Answered
What does LGBTQUA+ stand for?
LGBTQUA+ is an acronym used at Warwick to refer to the community of people who identify as one or more of the following:
- Lesbian (L)
- Gay (G)
- Bi (B)
- Trans (T)
- Queer (Q)
- Undefined (U)
- On the Asexual or Aromantic spectra (A)
- Another identity which experiences similar forms of prejudice and/or discrimination (+).
Elsewhere, you may have seen the community referred to via other similar acronyms, such as LGBT, LGBT+, LGBTQ+, or LGBTQIA+.