Armstrong N, Baines D, Baker R, Crossman R, Davies M, Hardy A, Khunti K, Kumar S, O’Hare PJ, Raymond TN, Saravanan P, Stallard N, Szczepura A, Wilson A. A cluster randomized controlled trial of the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of Intermediate Care Clinics for Diabetes (ICCD): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial, Trials 2012, 13:164.
Clar, C., Gill, J., Court, R., Waugh, N. Systematic review of SGLT2 receptor inhibitors in dual or triple therapy in type 2 diabetes. BMJ Open, 2012; e001007 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2012-001007. [article]
Clark MD, Gumber AK, Leech D, Moro D, Szczepura AK, West N, Higgins R. Who should be prioritized for renal transplantation?: Analysis of key stakeholder preferences. BMC Nephrology. 13:152. 2012. [article]
- Clarke A, Royle P. Viewpoint: Feeling the impact. European Journal of Public Health. Epub 26 July 2012. [article]
- dos Anjos G, Peeters M, Wyatt JC, Sharma RA. Will the medical student in the team please stand up? Lancet Oncology 2012; 13(8): 757-8 (Comment). [article]
- Dyakova M, Negri D, Ntziora F, Ritchie D, Way R. Public health is everyone’s business - Gastein Health Declaration. In: 14th European Health Forum Gastein “Innovation and Wellbeing – Europe’s Health in 2020 and beyond” congress summary. IFG; 2012. pp. 4-5.
- Dyakova M, Wright N, Rees K, Clarke A. Systematic versus Opportunistic Risk Assessment for the Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2012.
Ellard D, Simkiss D, Quenby S,Davies D, Kandala N-B, Kamwendo F, Mhango C, O'Hare P. The impact of training non-physician clinicians in Malawi on maternal and perinatal mortality: a cluster randomised controlled evaluation of the Enhancing Training and Appropriate Technologies for Mothers and Babies in Africa (ETATMBA) project. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2012, 12:116 doi:10.1186/1471-2393-12-116.
- Ford JA, Elders A, Shyangdan D, Royle P, Waugh N. The relative clinical effectiveness of ranibizumab and bevacizumab in diabetic macular oedema: an indirect comparison in a systematic review. BMJ Open, 2012; 345. [article]
Ford JA, Jones R, Elders A, Mulatero C, Royle P, Sharma P et al. Denosumab for treatment of bone metastases secondary to solid tumours: Systematic review and network meta-analysis. Eur J Cancer 2012. [record]
- Ford, J. A., Waugh, N., Sharma, P., Sculpher, M. J. and Walker, A.(2012) 'NICE guidance : a comparative study of the introduction of the single technology appraisal process and comparison with guidance from Scottish Medicines Consortium' BMJ Open 2 (1), e000671. [article]
- Franco OS, Yim Lun Wong YL, Kandala N-B*, Ferrie JE, M Dorn JM, Kivimäki M, Clarke A, Donahue RP, Archana Singh Manoux AS, Freudenheim JL, Trevisan M, Stranges S. Cross-cultural Comparison of Correlates of Quality of Life and Health Status: The Whitehall II Study (UK) and the Western New York Health Study (US). Eur J Epidemiol. (2012). [article]
Gillett, M., Royle, P., Snaith, A., Scotland, G., Poobalan, A., Imamura, M., Black, C., Boroujerdi, M., Jick, S., Wyness, L., McNamee, P., Brennan, A., Waugh, N. Non-pharmacological interventions to reduce the risk of diabetes in people with impaired glucose regulation: systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technology Assessment. 2012; 16:33; 1-236. [article]
- Greenhalgh T, Morris L, Wyatt JC, Thomas G. Lessons learned from implementation of nationally shared electronic patient records in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Health Service Journal 2012; supplement on Connecting for Health Evaluation programme, 15th March, 'Looking back, moving forward - Capturing lessons and building the evidence base for health informatics': 28-37.
- Griffiths F. Cave J. Boardman F. Ren J. Pawlikowska T. Ball R. Clarke A. Cohen AB. Social networks - the future for health care delivery Soc Sci Med; 2012 (1st September 2012 as 10.1016/j.socscimed.2012.08.023). [article]
Hardy K, Manzoor S, Marriott C, Parsons H, Waddington C, Gossain S, Szczepura A, Stallard N, Hawkey P. Utilising rapid MLVA typing to aid the control of hospital acquired Clostridium difficile infection - a multi centred study. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2012, 50(10):3244. DOI: 10.1128/JCM.00784-12.
- Hartley L, Dyakova M, Holmes J, Clarke A, Rees K. Yoga for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2012.
- Iqbal G, Johnson MRD, Szczepura A, Wilson S, Gumber AK, Dunn JA. UK ethnicity data collection for healthcare statistics: the South Asian perspective. BMC Public Health 2012, 12:243. [article].
- Ireland, B., Bowyer, V., Ireland, A. Sutcliffe, P. (2012). 'The medical and dental attendance pattern of patients attending general dental practices in Warwickshire and their general health risk assessment.' British Dental Journal.212 (8): E12.
- Kandala N-B, Campbell E, Rakgoasi D S, Madi BC, Thabo F (2012) The Geography of HIV/AIDS prevalence rates in Botswana. HIV/AIDS - Research and Palliative Care, Volume 2012:4, p95-102.
Kazembe L, Clarke A, Kandala N-B (2012). Childhood mortality in Sub-Saharan Africa: insight of small-scale geographical inequalities from Census data. BMJ Open. e001421 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2012-001421. [article]
- Klinkhammer-Schalke M, Koller M, Steinger B, Ehret C, Ernst B, Wyatt JC, Hofstädter F and Lorenz W. Direct improvement of quality of life using a tailored quality of life diagnosis and therapy pathway: randomised trial in 200 women with breast cancer. Br J Cancer advance online publication, February 7, 2012; doi:10.1038/bjc.2012.4. [article]
- MacLennan S, Imamura M, Lapitan MC, Omar MI, Lam TB, Hilvano-Cabungcal AM et al. Systematic review of oncological outcomes following surgical management of localised renal cancer. European Urology 2012;61(5):972-93.
- MacLennan S, Imamura M, Lapitan MC, Omar MI, Lam T, Hilvano-Cabungcal AM et al. Systematic review of perioperative and quality of life outcomes following surgical management of localised renal cancer. European Urology 2012; Jul 20. [Epub ahead of print.
- Maheswaran H, Petrou S, Rees K, Stranges S. Estimating EQ-5D Utility Values for Major Health Behavioural Risk Factors in England. J Epidemiol Community Health (2012).
Maheswaran H, Powell J, Weich S, Brown SS. Establishing the responsiveness of the Warwick Edinburgh Mental Well-Being Scale: group and individual level analysis. Health and Quality of life Outcomes, 2012, 10(1): 156.
- Maheswaran H and Barton P. Intensive case finding and Isoniazid preventative therapy in HIV infected individuals in sub-Saharan Africa: Economic model and value of information analysis. PLoS ONE, January 2012, 7 (1): e30457.
- Maheswaran H, Thulare T, Stanistreet D, Tanser F, Newell ML. Starting a home and mobile HIV testing service in a rural area of South Africa. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2012, 59(3):e43-46.
Petrova, M., Sutcliffe, P., Fulford, K. W. M., Dale, J. (2012) Search terms and a validated brief search filter to retrieve publications on health-related values in MEDLINE: a word frequency analysis study of 4,440 citations on diabetes, obesity, dementia and schizophrenia. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 19(3):479-88.
- Rees, K., Hartley, L., Clarke, A., Thorogood, M., Stranges, S. (2012) 'Mediterranean' dietary pattern for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease.' Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (1469-493X). [protocol]
- Reynolds CJ, Wyatt JC. Open Source, Open Standards, and Health Care Information Systems. J Med Internet Res 2011;13(1):e24) doi:10.2196/jmir.1521.
Scope, A., Booth, A., Sutcliffe, P. (2012) Women’s perceptions and experiences of group cognitive behaviour therapy for postnatal depression: a thematic synthesis. Journal of Advanced Nursing,
68 (9): 1909-19.
- Waugh N, Cummins E, Shyangdan DS, Court RA. and Mohiuddin S. (2012) Exenatide prolonged-release suspension for injection in combination with oral antidiabetic therapy for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. [Report]
- Waugh, N., Royle, P., Craigie, I., Ho, V., Pandit, L., Ewings, P.,Adler, A., Helms., & Sheldon, C. Screening for cystic fibrosis-related diabetes: a systematic review. 2012; 16:24. [article]
- Whitford HM, Donnan PT, Symon A, Kellett G, Monteith-Hodge E, Rauchhaus P, Wyatt JC. Evaluating the reliability, validity, acceptability and practicality of SMS text messaging as a tool to collect research data: results from the Feeding Your Baby project. JAMIA, April 2012 [article].
- Wild D, Szczepura A, ,Kydd A, Nelson S. (2012) Caring for and caring about; part 3: using an adapted model of care to manage change. (2012) Nursing Times 10.04.12. [article]
- Wild D, Szczepura A, Kydd A, Nelson S. Using the ‘Caring for and Caring About’ Model in practice in Care homes for older people (Part 2). 'Nursing Times. 2012; 108(13): 1-4.
- Wild D, Nelson S, Szczepura A, Kydd A. Caring for and Caring about older people living in care homes; A dynamic approach (Part 1). Nursing Times. 2012; 108(12): 12-15. [article]
- Wilson A, Hardy A, Armstrong N, Baines D, Baker R, Crossman R, Davies M, Khunti K, Kumar S, O’Hare P, Raymond N, Saravanan P, Stallard N, Szczepura A, on behalf of the ICCD trial group. Evaluation of Intermediate Care Clinics for Diabetes (ICCD). May 2012. SDO Project No. 08/1504/110. [article]
- Wyatt J. More work needed on telehealth. Guardian Professional Online 6 January 2012 10.40 GMT - Healthcare network [article] .
- Wyatt JC. The new NHS information strategy, BMJ 2012; 344:e3807 [article].