- Akhtar N, Field RA, Greenwood L, Davies RP, Woolley S, Cooke MW, Perkins GD. (2012). Quality of in-hospital cardiac arrest calls: a prospective observational study. BMJ Quality and Safety, 21 (3), p. 184-190.
Al-Mahmoud S, Mullen. P, Spurgeon P. (2012). Saudisation of the nursing workforce: Reality and Myths about planning Nurse Training in Saudi Arabia, Journal of American Science, 8 (4) [article]
Balmer CE, Griffiths F, Dunn J (2012) Using photovoice to study the experience of living with and beyond the diagnosis of a poor prognostic cancer. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care 2(1) A28.
Banerjee J, Conroy S, Cooke MW. (2012). Quality care for older people with urgent and emergency care needs in UK emergency departments. Emergency Medicine Journal, 30 (9), p. 699-700.
Bateman J, Allen ME, Kidd J, Parsons N, Davies D. (2012). Virtual patients design and its effect on clinical reasoning and student experience: a protocol for a randomised factorial multi-centre study. BMC Medical Education, 12 (62). [article]
Bateman J, Davies D, Allen M. (2012). Mind wandering has an impact in electronic teaching cases. Medical Education, 46 (2), p. 235.
- Bloomfield R, Chozos N, Embrey D, Henderson J, Kelly T, Koornneef F, Pasquini A, Pozzi S, Sujan M. (2012). Using safety cases in industry and healthcare. Final report to the Health Foundation. [article]
Budhoo M, Spurgeon P (2012) Views and Understanding of clinicians on the leadership role and attitude to coaching as a development tool for clinical leadership. The International Journal of Clinical Leadership, Vol 17, 123-129
Burnett S; Franklin BD; Moorthy K; Cooke MW; Vincent C. (Jun 2012). How reliable are clinical systems in the UK NHS? A study of seven NHS organisations. BMJ Qual Saf. 21:466-472.
- Clarey AJ and Cooke MW. (2012). Patients who leave emergency departments without being seen: literature review and English data analysis. Emergency Medicine Journal, 29 (8), p. 617-621.
- Clarke V, Hayfield N, Huxley C. (2012). Lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans appearance and embodiment: a critical review of the psychological literature. Psychology of Sexualities Section Review, 3 (1), p. 51-70. [article]
- Cooke MW. (2012). Isolated analysis of one time measure: only seeing part of the picture. Emergency Medicine Journal, 30 (6), p. 435.
- Dale JR, Williams SM, Bowyer V. (2012). What is the effect of peer support on diabetes outcomes in adults? A systematic review. Diabetic Medicine, 29 (11), p. 1361-1377. [article]
Durani P, Hobkirk M, Spurgeon P (2012) Shaping the future of the NHS: lessons from Fellows in Leadership. The International Journal of Clinical Leadership, Vol 17, 123-129
Dunn M, Maughan D, Hope T, Canvin K, Rugkåsa J, Sinclair J, Burns, T. (2012). Threats and offers in community mental healthcare. Journal of Medical Ethics, 38(4), 204–209. doi:10.1136/medethics-2011-100158
Ellard D, Simkiss D, Quenby S, Davies D, Kandala N-B, Kamwendo F, Mhango C, O’Hare JP. (2012). The impact of training non-physician clinicians in Malawi on maternal and perinatal mortality: a cluster randomised controlled evaluation of the enhanced training and appropriate technologies for mothers and babies in Africa (ETATMBA) project. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 12 (116). [article]
- Esain AE, Williams SJ, Gakhal S, Caley L, Cooke MW. (2012). Healthcare quality improvement - policy implications and practicalities. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 25 (7), p. 565-581.
- Franklin B, Deelchand V, Cooke MW, Holmes A, Vincent C. (2012). The safe insertion of peripheral intravenous catheters: a mixed methods descriptive study of the availability of the equipment needed. Antimicrobial Resistance and Infection Control, 1 (15). [article]
- Greasley K, Edwards P, Baker-McClearn D, Dale J. (2012). Why do organisations engage in HR initiatives? A test case of a health and wellbeing intervention. Employee Relations, 34 (4), p. 443-462.
- Griffin XL, Achten J, Parsons N, Boardman F, Griffiths F, Costa ML. (2012). The Warwick Hip Trauma Evaluation - an abridged protocol for the WHiTE Study - a multiple embedded randomised controlled trial cohort study. Bone and Joint Research, 1 (11), p. 310-314. [article]
- Griffiths F. (2012). Qualitative outcome assessment and research on chronic disease management in general practice. Highlights from a keynote lecture, EGPRN May 2011, Nice. European Journal of General Practice, 18 (1), p. 53-55. [article]
- Griffiths F, Cave J, Boardman F, Ren J, Pawlikowska T, Ball R, Clarke A, Cohen A. (2012). Social networks - the future for health care delivery. Social Science and Medicine, 75 (12), p. 2233-2241. [article]
- Holt TA, Thorogood M, Griffiths F. (2012). Changing clinical practice through patient specific reminders available at the time of the clinical encounter: systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 27 (8), p. 974-984. [article]
- Hundt GA and Al Makhamreh S. (2012). Iraqi refugees in Jordan: lessons for practice with refugees internationally. European Journal of Social Work, 15 (2), p. 223-239.
- Hundt GA, Alzaroo S, Hasna F, Smeiran M. (2012). The provision of accessible (2011) acceptable health care in rural remote areas and the right to health: Bedouin in the north east region of Jordan. Social Science and Medicine, 74, p. 36-43.
- Hundt GA, Slowther AM, Purkis J, Taylor R. (2012). Experiences of non UK qualified doctors working within the UK regulatory framework: a qualitative study. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, 105 (4), p. 157-165. [article]
- Hundt GA, Stuttaford M, Harrington J. (2012). Sites for health rights: local, national, regional and global. Social Science and Medicine, 74 (1), p. 1-5.
- Huxley CJ and Hayfield NJ. (2012). Individual differences in adjustment and distress: sexual orientation in 'Oxford handbook of the psychology of appearance', Eds Rumsey N, Harcourt D. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
Karasz A, Dowrick C, Byng R, Buszewicz M, Ferri L, Olde Hartmann T, van Dulmen S, van Weel-Baumgarten E, Reeve J. (2012). What we talk about what we talk about depression: doctor-patient conversations and treatment decision outcomes. British Journal General Practice; 62: 30-31.
- Lamb SE, Gates S, Williams M, Williamson EM, Mt-Isa S, Withers EJ, Ashby D, Cooke MW, Underwood MR. (2012). On behalf of the MINT Study Team emergency department treatments and physiotherapy for acute whiplash: a pragmatic, two-step, randomised controlled trial. The Lancet, 12.
Lega F, Spurgeon P, Prenestini A ( 2012) “Is management essential to improving the performance and sustainability of healthcare systems and organizations? A systematic review and a roadmap for future studies” Value in Health. publication details tbc doi: 10.1016/j.jval.2012.10.004
- Long P, Spurgeon P, Wilkie V (2012) “The Challenge of Leadership Education in Primary Care in the UK” Education for Primary Care. Vol 24.1. to be published January 2013.
J Lowthian, P Cameron, D Smit, H Newnham, P Hunter, C Brand, A Barker, J Banerjee, MW Cooke. (2012). Safe Elderly Emergency Discharge (SEED) project: determining best practice for safe discharge of the older emergency patient. Emergency Medicine Journal; 29(Suppl 1):A12-A13. DOI:10.1136/emermed-2012-201246.10
McClimans L, Slowther A, Parker M. (2012) Can UK clinical ethics committees improve quality of care? HEC Forum. Jun; 24(2):139-47.
- Mitchell, S., Plunkett, A., Dale, J. (2012) Advance Care Planning for All Ages. Rapid Response. Br Med J [article]
- Mockford C, Staniszewska S, Griffiths F, Herron-Marx S. (2012). The impact of patient and public involvement on UK NHS health care: a systematic review. International Journal for Quality in Healthcare, 24 (1), p. 28-38. [article].
- Ormandy D and Ezratty V. (2012). Health and thermal comfort: from WHO guidance to housing strategies. Energy Policy, 49, p. 116-121.
- Patel J, Snaith C, Thickett DR, Linhartova L, Melody T, Hawkey P, Barnett AH, Jones A, Hong T, Cooke MW, Perkins GD, Gao F. (2012). Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of 40 mg/day of atorvastatin in reducing the severity of sepsis in ward patients (ASEPSIS trial). Critical Care, 16 (6). [article]
- Pawlikowska T, Zhang W, Griffiths F, van Dalen J, van der Vleuten C. (2012). Verbal and non-verbal behaviour of doctors and patients in primary care consultations - how this relates to patient enablement. Patient Education and Counselling, 86 (1), p. 70-76. [article]
- Perkins GD and Cooke MW. (2012). Variabiality in cardiac arrest survival: the NHS ambulance service quality indicators. Emergency Medicine Journal, 29 (1), p. 3-5.
- Petrova M, Sutcliffe P, Fulford KWM, Dale J. (2012). Search terms and a validated brief search filter to retrieve publications on health-related values in MEDLINE: a word frequency analysis study. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 19 (3), p. 479-488.
- Petrova M, Sutcliffe P, Fulford KWM, Dale J. (2012). VaST (Values Search Tools): a manual for searching electronic databases for publications on health-related values. [report]
Reeve J, Lynch T, Lloyd-Williams M, Payne S. (2012). From personal challenge to technical fix: the risks of depersonalised care. Health and Social Care in the Community; 20(2): 145-154.
Reeve J, Mallen C. (2012). Capacity for Blue Sky Research in academic primary care. Primary Health Care Research and Development; 13(3): 286-287.
- Regan W, Owen S, Bakewell H, Jackson E, de Sousa Peixoto R, Griffiths F. (2012). Medical students, climate change and health. Emergence: Complexity and Organization, 14 (1), p. 1-14.
- Rigaud E, Hollnagel E, Martinie C, Palanque P, Pasquini A, Ragosta M, Silvagni S, Sujan M. (2012). A framework for modelling the consequences of automation degradation: application to air traffic control systems in 'Proceedings of the second SESAR innovation days', Ed Schaefer D. Eurocontrol, Braunschweig.
Sengoelge M, Hasselberg M, Ormandy D, and Laflame L (2012). Housing, income inequality and child injury mortality in Europe: a cross-sectional study. Child: care, health and development. 40.2, 283-291
Slowther A, Lewando Hundt G, Purkis J, Taylor R.(2012) Experiences of non-UK-qualifieddoctors working within the UK regulatory framework: a qualitative study. J R Soc Med. Apr; 105(4):157-65.
- Snooks H, Anthony R, Chatters R, Cheung W-Y, Dale J, Donohoe R, Gaze S, Halter M, Koniotou M, Logan P, Lyons R, Mason S, Nicholl J, Phillips C, Phillips J, Russell I, Siriwardena AN, Wani M, Watkins A, Whitfield R, Wilson L. (2012). Support and assessment for fall emergency referrals (SAFER 2) research protocol: cluster randomised trial of the clinical and cost effectiveness of new protocols for emergency ambulance paramedics to assess and refer to appropriate community-based care. British Medical Journal Open, 2, (6), p. e002169. [article]
Spurgeon P, Klaber B, Green (2012) M. “Becoming a better medical leader” BMJ Careers, January 2012, doi: ISSN 1752-8536
- Spurgeon P, Mazelan P, Barwell F (2012) “Welcome to higher performing healthcare” Health Service Journal 19th July 2012 pp 25-27
- Sujan M-A. (2012). A novel tool for organisational learning and its impact on safety culture in a hospital dispensary. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 101, p. 21-34. [article]
- Sujan M and Felici M. (2012). Combining failure mode and functional resonance analyses in healthcare settings in 'Lecture notes in computer science LNCS 7612 (SAFECOMP 2012)', p. 364-375, Eds Ortmeier F, Daniel P. Springer, Heidelberg.
Thistlethwaite JE, Davies D, Ekeocha S, Kidd JM, MacDougall C, Matthews P, Purkis J, Clay D. (2012). The effectiveness of case-based learning in health professional education. A BEME systematic review: BEME Guide No 23. Medical Teacher, 34 (6), p. e421-e444. [article]
- Williams MA, Cooke MW et al. (2012). Reproducibility of the cervical range of motion (CROM) device for individuals with sub-acute whiplash associated disorders. European Spine Journal, 21 (5), p. 872-878.
- Young AM, Chapman O, Connor C, Poole C, Rose P, Kakkar AK. (2012). Thrombosis and cancer. Nature Reviews - Clinical Oncology, 9 (8), p. 437-449.