Ideally, this should be the initial module you undertake while studying the MSc Health Sciences (Palliative Care), providing you with a broad theoretical base which you can develop and expand upon in subsequent modules
- Demonstrate an enhanced knowledge and understanding of the communication skills necessary to assist people approaching death
- Review and critically appraise the management of common symptoms in the last 48 hours of life, demonstrating an increased knowledge of therapeutic approaches to symptom control
- Critically reflect on the major stages in the dying process, with an emphasis on human systems and problems
- Critically analyse and debate the ethical dilemmas surrounding conflicts between patients, carers and professionals at the end of life
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of spirituality and examine its importance at the end of life, including an evaluation of strategies that support patients with the expression of their spiritual needs
You do not have permission to access the remote content.