- Principles of surgical endodontics and apply knowledge which is at the forefront of the field of endodontics
- Limitations of endodontic treatment and the principles of minimally invasive exodontia.
- Principles of guided tissue regeneration for complex endodontic situations
- Management of complex and unpredictable endodontic conditions
Within the overall Masters course, the module develops theoretical knowledge and evaluation skills so that you acquire the ability to understand the application of complex endodontic situations.
- Critically appraise current research literature for surgical endodontics and re-root treating teeth in order to be able to apply knowledge which is at the forefront of endodontic techniques
- Understand the principles of re-root treating teeth and apply this to complex clinical situations
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the retrograde approach in the use of surgical endodontics
- Understand the techniques involved in the complex endodontic situation
- Understand the techniques involved in guided tissue regeneration and evaluate their appropriateness to given clinical situations.
- Understand the team approach to surgical endodontics and critically evaluate its implementation in specific contexts
- Re-root treating teeth
- Surgical Endodontics
- Examination and Diagnosis
- Preparation for Surgery
- Surgical Techniques
- Post-surgical Care
- Surgical Management for Difficult Endodontic Conditions
- Minimally Invasive Extractions
- Guided Tissue Regeneration