Gain an in depth and critical understanding through practical experience of the potential for taking a learning technologies approach in healthcare education.
- Learn to develop and evaluate learning and teaching that involves learning technologies through hands-on experience
- Gain a broad conceptual and experiential understanding of the application of learning technologies in teaching, learning and assessment with specific reference to healthcare
- You will undertake a portfolio of work for assessment including: contextual statement; review of selected learning technologies; learning technologies project plan and development schedule; evaluation plan; reflective writing; and supporting evidence
- You will attend on-site workshops (18 hours) combined with online support and peer group activities (2 hours) and individual tutorial support (2 hours)
Learning technologies are new approaches to enhancing teaching & learning and might include e-learning, simulation, the use of digital media and social networking, and technology in the classroom including interactive whiteboards and audience response systems. This is not a technical module, and participants will not need to have any particular technical skills other than a willingness to explore new approaches in their teaching practice.
- MSc route: available as an option on the Masters in Medical Education (MMedEd)