Duration: 4 days
4,000 word essay to be submitted 12 weeks following the taught sessions
This module focuses on the particular considerations that are required to provide comprehensive care for an adolescent with diabetes
- Intended for health professionals involved with the care of adolescents with diabetes
- Introduces the concept of adolescence, examining the physiology and its influence on diabetes
- An exploration of adolescent behaviour, behavioural models and health beliefs will underpin the examination of mental health issues including anxiety, depression and eating disorders
- A discussion of models of transitional care, service implications and management in clinic will aid the professional in provision of care
- Comprises lectures, group work and supervision
- The teaching and learning style is interactive, drawing on both the expert teachers and the experience of other students
More Aims and Learning outcomes
This calendar's schedule is empty.
- MSc route: available as an option on MSc in Diabetes programme or on the MSc in Diabetes (Paediatrics) programme.
- Not sure an MSc is for you? Take this module as a non-accredited course or a Postgraduate Award. Contact us (CPDenquiries at warwick dot ac dot uk) for more information