Are you involved in managing insulin therapy in your practice? Would you like to extend your knowledge in the area of insulin pump therapy? If so this Masters module is for you. It can either be studied as part of the MSc in Diabetes or as a standalone Postgraduate Award.
- This course will keep you at the forefront of developments in insulin therapy and you will learn evidence-based practice.
- You will develop the skills to critically appraise current literature and guidelines related to insulin pump therapy.
- It is comprised of four days' attendance, covering the evidence base and rationale for CSII, candidate selection, carbohydrate counting, use of pumps in paediatrics and pregnancy, and real-life experiences.
- As part of the module assessment you will undertake a 2,500 word assignment and a case study of 1,500 words (the case study will be provided).
- MSc route: available as an option on the MSc in Diabetes and MSc in Diabetes (Paediatrics) programmes
- Not sure an MSc is for you? Take this module as a Postgraduate Award. Contact us for more information
Before completing the course, you will undertake our Induction and Professional Development module, introducing you to all the underpinning regulations, guidance and support available to you during your postgraduate study.
Tel: 02476 150674
Duration: 4 contact days, 176 hours of self-directed learning supported by web-based learning materials.
2,500 word assignment and 1,500 word case study