Professor of Chemistry
1980-1983 University of York, B.Sc. (Hons), Second Class Division 1
1983-1986 University of York, D.Phil. "Photochemistry of some metal ethene complexes" (Robin Perutz)
Employment record :
1987 PDRA, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada (G A Ozin)
1988-1993 ICI/Zeneca Senior Research Scientist
1988 Secondment to the University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS, USA (A C Griffin)
1993-1996 Lecturer, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL
1996-1998 Senior Lecturer, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL
1998- Professor of Chemistry, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL
2001- 2004 CEO and Founder, Warwick Effect Polymers Ltd
2004- 2011 CTO, Warwick Effect Polymers Ltd
2011- 2014 Non-executive director of Warwick Effect Polymers Ltd
2013 Adjunct Professor, Monash University (Pharmacy and Materials Engineering)
2014- Founder of Medherant Ltd, Executive Director and CSO
2014 - 2017 Chair Professor Soochow University, Suzhou, China
Current Research activity:
The Haddleton polymer research group at Warwick currently focuses on controlled polymerisation methodology
with current research including:
- Polymers for Healthcare and Therapeutics
- Controlled free radical polymerisation
Approx. 300 published papers in refereed journals, 10 refereed reviews, approx. 12 granted US and European patents, 8 patents pending, 2 book chapters. ISI WoS lists 448 contributions.
H-index = 66 (WoS), 75 (GS), total citations >15000 (WoS), >17800 (GS). (Years Academic = 24, Age = 54)
Detail on recent publications can be found here
- Macro Group UK Medal 2006,
- Awarded to a UK-based scientist who has made a significant and substantial
- contribution to the development of polymer science through his/her scientific achievements and/or services to the UK polymer science community.
- Chemistry World, "Entrepreneur of the Year"
- Royal Society of Chemistry Prize. 2005
- Lord Stafford award for "Best University Spin-off" company (West Midlands RDA regional prize). 2005
• Graduated 64 PhD students from Warwick
• Chair of Macro Group UK 2006-2010
• Scientific Chair of IUPAC World Polymer Congress 2010, Glasgow.
• Editor in Chief and Founding Editor of “Polymer Chemistry” IF = 5.69, 2009-2017.
• Editor in Chief “European Polymer Journal” 2002 – 2009”
• Head of Inorganic and Matrials Section of Chemistry Department, Warwick (2005 - 2015).
• >£4.5 million of VC money raised for Warwick Effect Polymers Ltd.
• >£2 million VC money raised for Medherant Ltd
• Wolfson-Royal Society Merit award 2011-2016
• Chair/organiser of four largest polymer chemistry conferences held in the UK, Warwick 2002, 2006, 2012 and 2016.
• Director of Warwick Polymer Characterisation Research Technology Platform (RTP) 2017-