Ellis began studying Chemistry at the University of Warwick in 2014. She completed her degree with an integrated Masters in 2018. Her MChem research project was supervised by Prof. David Haddleton, investigating the microphase separation of high chi (χ), low molecular weight polymers synthesised by copper-mediated reversible-deactivation radical polymerisation. She graduated with a first class honours degree and was awarded for the best MChem project of 2018.
Ellis was awarded the Monash-Warwick Alliance Scholarship to continue in the Haddleton Group and complete a PhD. Her PhD work follows on from her Masters, investigating a scope of initiators and their influence on self-assembly. She primarily uses small-angle x-ray scattering (SAXS) to characterise polymer morphologies in thin films.
She has visited Monash University (Melbourne, Australia), where she began studying photo-switchable molecules and incorporating them into high χ block copolymers under the supervision of Prof. Tom Davies. She will return to Monash later in her PhD.
5. A. Marathianos, E. Liarou, E. Hancox, J. L .Grace, D. W. Lester and D. M. Haddleton, Green Chem., 2020, 22, 5833-5837.
4. E. Liarou, M. Staniforth, J. S. Town, A. Marathianos, M. Grypioti, Y. Li, Y. Chang, S. Efstathiou, E. Hancox, A. M. Wemyss, P. Wilson, B. A. Jones, M. Aljuaid, V. G. Stavros and D. M. Haddleton, Eur. Polym. J., 2020, 123, 109388.
3. E. Hancox, E. Liarou, J. S. Town, G. R. Jones, S. A. Layton, S. Huband, M. J. Greenall, P. D. Topham and D. M. Haddleton, Polym. Chem., 2019, 10, 6254–6259.
2. J. S. Town, Y. Gao, E. Hancox, E. Liarou, A. Shegiwal, C. J. Atkins and D. Haddleton, Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom., DOI:10.1002/rcm.8654.
1. J. S. Town, G. R. Jones, E. Hancox, A. Shegiwal and D. M. Haddleton, Macromol. Rapid Commun., 2019, 1900088.
M. R. Thomas L. Derrien Andreas E. Lauritzen, Pascal Kaienburg, Ellis Hancox, Chris Nicklin, Phys. Rev. Mater.
Microphase separation, amphiphilic polymers, copper-mediated living radical polymerisation, photoinduced polymerisation, polymer self-assembly, block copolymers.
Warwick Symposium 2021
Macrogroup Young Researcher's Meeting Nottingham 2020 (virtual - COVID-19)
Warwick Symposium 2020
UKSAF Summer Meeting 2020 (virtual - COVID-19)
ACS San Diego 2019
Rideal Lecture London 2019 - Perspectives on Polymer Colloids Research
Warwick PG Symposium 2019
Polymer Club 2019
Macrogroup Young Researcher's Meeting Kent 2019
Polymer Club 2018
Office phone number:
+44 24 765 24986
Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick
Library Road, CV4 7AL