Prof Mike Shipman
Professor of Chemistry
Mike Shipman is a synthetic chemist who has taught and undertaken research in the field of organic chemistry for over 25 years. He was educated at Imperial College London and undertook postdoctoral studies at Colorado State University, USA under a NATO Fellowship. He held academic positions at the Universities of Loughborough and Exeter before joining the University of Warwick in 2003.
Currently, he also serves as Pro-Vice-Chancellor (International) with responsibility for the academic leadership of the University's international strategy.
PA Fiona Slater
Groups at Warwick
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- 2003-, Professor of Synthetic Chemistry, University of Warwick
- 2015-2019, Chair of the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Medicine, University of Warwick
- 2010-2014, Head of Department, Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick
- 1996-2003, Senior Lecturer then Reader in Organic Chemistry, School of Chemistry, University of Exeter
- 1992-1996, Lecturer in Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Loughborough University
- 1990-1992, SERC/NATO Postdoctoral fellow, Colorado State University, USA
- 1987-1990, Ph.D. in Chemistry from Imperial College, London under the direction of Professor William B. Motherwell, FRS
- 1984-1987, BSc from Imperial College, London