There are 5 main objectives to the Warwick Submarine project in the 2022/23 academic year, listed below:
- Fully manufacture, assemble, and test a human-powered submarine to compete against other universities at the International Submarine Races taking place in June 2023 in Maryland, USA.
- Enhance a propeller-based propulsion system by designing and implementing a shroud to achieve higher thrust forces and top speeds.
- Design and incorporate a hybrid electromechanical steering system into the submarine, ensuring maximal lateral and vertical control by the pilot.
- Produce an academic paper that details project findings to advance technology in the field of marine engineering.
- Develop partnerships with external suppliers and stakeholders to create new opportunities for the University of Warwick and the local community, as well as facilitate the Warwick Submarine project for successive teams in future years.
If you would like to support the project in any way, please email Adrian Yan at Adrian.Yan@warwick.ac.uk.