Dr Jacek D Wojcik
Research Fellow & Project and Facility Manager
University of Warwick
Dr Jacek Wojcik joined Power and Control Systems Laboratory in School of Engineering at the University of Warwick as a Research Fellow. Dr Jacek Wojcik graduated from Wroclaw University of Technology (Poland) in 2002. He gained a PhD Grant ‘Mathematical Model of Small Hydroelectric Power Station for Stability Studies’ founded by Polish Ministry of Education in 2006. He is working as Research Fellow, Project Manager and Facility Manager.
- EPSRC funded Flex-E-Plant (Flexible and Efficient Power Plant) project
- EPSRC funded IMAGES (Integrated, Market-fit and Affordable Grid-Scale Energy Storage) project
- EPSRC funded Study of Supercritical Coal Fired Power Plant Dynamic Responses and Control for Grid Code Compliance project
- Thermal Power Plants - modelling, simulation and control
- Power System Analysis, Modelling, Control and Monitoring
- Renewable Energy Sources integration with the Grid
- 2002-2007 - PhD in Electrical Engineering with specialisation in Electrical Power Systems, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Wroclaw, Poland.
- 1997-2002 - MSc in Electrical Engineering with specialization in Management and Computer Science, Faculty of Electrical Engineering., Wroclaw, Poland
- 2011-now - Research Fellow and Project and Facility Manager
- 2007-2010 - IT Remote Support Engineer, Inspired Gaming Group, UK
- 2006-2007 - Research Officer, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
Publications and Conference Papers
- Luo, X.; Wang, J.; Wojcik, J.D.; Wang, J.; Li, D.; Draganescu, M.; Li, Y.; Miao, S. Review of Voltage and Frequency Grid Code Specifications for Electrical Energy Storage Applications. Energies 2018, 11, 1070.doi: 10.3390/en11051070
- Wojcik J D, Wang J: "Feasibility study of Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) power plant integration with Adiabatic Compressed Air Energy Storage (ACAES)". Applied Energy https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.03.089
- Wojcik, J.D.; Wang, J. "Technical Feasibility Study of Thermal Energy Storage Integration into the Conventional Power Plant Cycle". Energies 2017, 10, 205.
- J. Wang, S. Garvey, P. Eames, D. Evans, M. Waterson, M. Thomson, J. Busby, M. Giulietti, R. MacKay, A. Milodowski, J Wojcik, J Barton, X Luo, L. Flatley, A Pimm, L. Field, P. Romanos, D Parkes, B. Kantharaj, C Krupke, E. Webborn, A.D. Hutchinson, F Liu, M Dooner, B Chen: A Report on the Project of "Integrated Market-fit and Affordable Grid-scale Energy Storage (IMAGES)" Offshore Energy & Storage Symposium and Industry Connection Event, Valletta, Malta, 13-15 July 2016
- J Wojcik, J Wang, P Romanos, P Eames: "Initial Study on Power Plant Operational Flexibility Improvement through High Temperature Thermal Storage Integration". UKES2015 Energy Storage conference; Birmingham; 25th-27th November 2015.
- K Li, S Guo, J Wojcik, J Wang: "Feasibility Study of Integration of a Power Plant Steam Cycle with Thermal Energy Storage". UKES2014 Energy Storage conference; University of Warwick, Coventry, 25th-27th November 2014
- M Draganescu, J Wojcik, J Wang, S Guo, X Liu, G Hou, Y Xue, Q Gao: ”Generalized Predictive Control for Superheated Steam Temperature Regulation in a Supercritical Coal Fired Power Plant”. CSEE Journal of Power and Energy Systems, Volume: 1, Issue: 1, March 2015 doi: 10.17775/CSEEJPES.2015.00009
- M Draganescu, J Wojcik, J Wang, S Guo: ”Power System Frequency Control and Study of Supercritical Coal Fired Power Plant Performance for GB Grid Code Compliance” – submitted
- M Draganescu, S Guo, J Wojcik, J Wang, Y Xue, Q Gao, X Liu, G Hou: 'Dynamic Matrix Model Predictive Control of the Mill Coal Flow Rate for Improving Dynamic Performance of a Supercritical Coal Fired Power Plant' Proceedings of the 19th Internetional Conference on Automation&Computing, Brunel University, London, UK, 13-14 Sept 2013
- J Wojcik "Analysis of Transient Phenomena of a Small Hydroelectric Power Station in MATLAB". XI Conference KOWBAN, Polanica Zdroj, Poland, 2004
- M Sobierajski, J Wojcik "Stability Analysis of Small Hydroelectric Power Station cooperating with Medium Voltage Distribution Network". V Scientific–Technical Conference: Distributing Power Networks - SIECI 2004, Wroclaw, Poland, 2004.
- M Sobierajski, J Wojcik "Analysis of Voltage and Current Measured at the MV Bus in the Distribution Network with Dispressed Generation". 7th International Conference Electrical Power Quality and Utilisation, Krakow, 17-19 September 2003.
- M Sobierajski, M Labuzek, R Lis: Electrical Power Systems Analysis in Matlab. Wroclaw University of Technology, Wroclaw 2007 (co-author of chapter 14 and Matlab program of stability analysis)
- LabView Core 1 (Apr 2018)
- Preparing for Leadership (Nov 2017)
- ProTRAX Certificate: Simulator Operations & Modules Modification Training, Beijing, Sept 2013