For the most up to date information on fees, visit the Admissions team's Postgraduate Fees and Funding pages.
2024/25 SLS Taught Postgraduate course fee discounts for eligible students
The School of Life Sciences will offer a 20% course fee reduction to Warwick alumni.
Some scholarships are managed by the School of Life Sciences; others are managed centrally by University of Warwick. Other funding is available from different organisations.
You are advised to try as many different organisations as possible to try and secure funding as the process is very competitive. Have a back-up plan in case you are not successful.
Scholarships managed by the School of Life Sciences
|Home (UK) students eligible to apply?
|International students eligible to apply?
Available to UK nationals for the following Masters:
|1st June 2024
|SLS Excellence Scholarships - for 2024/25 up to five scholarships will be offered to high achieving students as a 50% reduction of course fees.
|1st June 2024
Wider University of Warwick scholarships
For the most up-to-date information visit the Admissions team's Postgraduate Fees and Funding page.
- Warwick Taught Master's Scholarship Scheme - awards are available to eligible Home students from under-represented groups who wish to start a postgraduate taught Master's course.
Javeria Hashmi received a Warwick Taught Master's Scholarship for MSc Food Security. She says:
"I am ardent about the eradication of hunger and food wastage. The Warwick Taught Master's Programme scholarship enabled me to pursue an MSc in Food Security and has empowered me with specialised knowledge of trade and policy along with crop science, food and nutrition. A full-time mother myself, I hope to make a difference."
- Sanctuary Scholarships
We welcome applications from prospective Postgraduate Taught students who are at risk as a result of the war in Ukraine and from any other country.
Information on scholarships and funding for students from China, India, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Peru, Chile, Colombia etc can be found on our International Scholarship pages.
Other sources of funding and scholarships
Below are some examples of sources of funding and scholarships which you may wish to investigate.
Government-backed Master's loans of up to £11,836 were available for both UK students (ordinarily resident in England) and eligible EU students in 22/23.
FindAMasters Awards - £12,000 in scholarships awarded in 22/23
- Postgrad Solutions now offer bursaries across a number of subject areas.
- Career Development Loans - loans available to UK postgraduates through an arrangement between the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) and three high street banks.
Scholarships for International students
There is a wide range of funding available for international postgraduate students, see information below and our International Scholarship pages.
- GREAT Scholarships Bangladesh 2024 - Warwick is delighted to offer one award of £15,000 in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain campaign for a Bangladeshi student pursuing a taught master's course in the field of Life Sciences. Applications are now open and will close on 7th May 2024 at 11.59pm UK local time.
- GREAT Scholarships Ghana 2024- Warwick is delighted to offer one award of £15,000 in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain campaign for a Ghanaian student pursuing a taught master's course in the field of Life Sciences. Applications are now open and will close on 7th May 2024 at 11.59am UK local time.
- Commonwealth Scholarships - The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the main UK government scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. The CSC is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). Scholarships offered include the Commonwealth Master's Scholarship.
- British Council- Funding your Studies - an excellent website with details of various scholarships including the prestigious Chevening Scholarship. We regularly accept Chevening Scholars onto our taught Master's programmes. Please note the early deadlines for this scholarship, often the beginning of November. Further University of Warwick information on Chevening Scholarships is available.
- Said Foundation Scholarships for MSc students in the Middle East.
- Open Society Foundation for students from Belarus, Kazakhstan, Moldova and Mongolia.
- FindAMasters Awards- £12,000 in scholarships awarded.
- Some national governments, for example MARA in Malaysia, sponsor students and you should also try local and national philanthropic organisations.
Help and financial support may be available for students with children who are undertaking postgraduate study.
See Childcare Provision.