Congratulations on your offer to study Postgraduate Research in Life Sciences.
We're looking forward to welcoming you.
Before you arrive at Warwick
Before you arrive at Warwick there are a number of things you will need to do to complete your registration.
- Unconditional offer
It is important for you to have received (and accepted) an unconditional offer of a place at Warwick before your start date. If you haven't yet received an unconditional offer please ensure that any conditions set out in your offer email are satisfied as soon as possible.
- If you need to delay your start date please email: phd dot lifesciences at warwick dot ac dot uk
Enrolment is the term used to describe the official registration as a student at the University of Warwick. Online enrolment opens approximately 4-6 weeks before the start of term and should be completed before you arrive at the University.
Once you have enrolled you can apply for your IT Services account.
If you will be receiving a stipend via the University, please ensure that you enter your bank details (you will need to have completed enrolment before you can enter your bank details).
Guidance for New Students
- Check the Guidance for New Students for advice on Coronavirus, immigration, Welcome Week and more.
- After you have enrolled - download Microsoft Teams to your electronic device. Online meetings and induction sessions will be held via Teams. Once you are set up, log into Teams using your University of Warwick account
International Students - enrolment information
Due to the Covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic there are changes to the enrolment process for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Please check the advice if you are expecting to enrol on a new course in 2020-2021
If you need to attend In-person to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card? Visit the Immigration Events for International Students page for a schedule of when the BRP collection events will take place.
Self isolation on arrival in the UK
Postgraduate Welcome Events
- Welcome to Warwick will provide all the information you need before you arrive at Warwick from enrolment and fees to accommodation, packing your belongings and arriving on campus.
- Optional Welcome to Warwick Week (from 21Sept 2020)
For 2020, we've launced a digital Welcome Week, whilst working to make sure there's plenty of opportunities for you to be able to get together safely in-person too. We'll publish a timetable of digital events on Monday 7 September with in person events going live on Monday 21 September.
Doctoral College Welcome and guidance
My course starts on or after Saturday 26 September 2020 and I am going to be living on-campus
If you are going to be living in on-campus accommodation, we will pair your Warwick ID Card up with your accommodation key so that you receive them at the same time. Please follow the arrival instructions provided by Warwick Accommodation.
If for any reason you do not receive your Warwick ID Card when you collect your key, please email enrolment at warwick dot ac dot uk
My course starts on or after Saturday 26 September 2020 and I am going to be living off-campus
If you are going to be living off-campus (even if this is in University-managed accommodation) please check the website linked above for more information closer to your start date.
- School of Life Sciences postgraduate research student induction schedule
- Investigate the University induction checklist
Meet new friends online
Why wait until you arrive at Warwick to start making new friends? Meet fellow students through a variety of social networking sites
If you have any questions please contact us via email at phd dot lifesciences at warwick dot ac dot uk
Access a 360 virtual tour of campus