Arrival information for PG Research students 2022
Congratulations on your offer to study Postgraduate Research in Life Sciences.
We're looking forward to welcoming you.
Before you arrive at Warwick
Before you arrive at Warwick there are a number of things you will need to do to complete your registration.
- Unconditional offer
It is important for you to have received (and accepted) an unconditional offer of a place at Warwick before your start date. If you haven't yet received an unconditional offer please ensure that any conditions set out in your offer email are satisfied as soon as possible.
- If you need to delay your start date please email: phd dot lifesciences at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Preparing to Arrive
From enrolment to checklists and campus maps, these pages give you lots of information to help you prepare and feel ready for the start of your studies.
- EnrolmentLink opens in a new window
Enrolment is the term used to describe the official registration as a student at the University of Warwick. Online enrolment opens approximately 4-6 weeks before the start of term and should be completed before you arrive at the University.
Once you have enrolled you can apply for your IT Services account.
If you will be receiving a stipend via the University, please ensure that you enter your bank details (you will need to have completed enrolment before you can enter your bank details).
We know that you'll have lots of questions about planning your journey to the UK and what life will be like when you get here. We've collated advice on travel, immigration and living in the UK.
Visit the Guidance for New International StudentsLink opens in a new window webpages for more information.
If you need to attend In-person to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card? Visit the Immigration Events for International StudentsLink opens in a new window page for a schedule of when the BRP collection events will take place.
Collecting your University ID CardLink opens in a new window
Your Warwick ID Card will be issued on arrival at Warwick. When and where you will be able to collect your Warwick ID Card depends on your course start date and whether you are living on or off campus. Please check the Warwick ID Card CollectionLink opens in a new window webpage for details.
When collecting your card, you will be required to show proof of your identity (e.g. your passport, driving licence, national identity card, etc) including your full name and photograph, for verification purposes.
- After you have enrolled - download Microsoft Teams to your electronic device. Online meetings and induction sessions will be held via Teams. Once you are set up, log into Teams using your University of Warwick account
- Investigate the University induction checklistLink opens in a new window
Doctoral College Welcome and guidanceLink opens in a new window
- The Doctoral College will be running an online Welcome Talk on 28 September as well as an in-person Welcome Event on 21st November. Come join us to learn more about what the Doctoral College and the university can offer you to make your PhD journey as smooth as possible.
- View the short videos that introduce core services to new PGR students including – Doctoral College, Library, Wellbeing. These are available here
Meet new friends online
Why wait until you arrive at Warwick to start making new friends? Meet fellow students through a variety of social networking sitesLink opens in a new window
Life Sciences Induction
- School of Life Sciences Postgraduate Research Student Induction Programme Life Sciences PGR Induction Timetable 2022
- Directions to the Gibbet Hill CampusLink opens in a new window
- Directions to the Wellesbourne CampusLink opens in a new window
If you have any questions please contact us via email at phd dot lifesciences at warwick dot ac dot uk
Facebook group - PG students looking for accommodation
Register for a PG Student Parking Permit (main campus only not Wellesbourne campus)
Access a 360 virtual tour of campus