The Transparent Body? Diagnostic Radiology
January 26-27 2010
University of Warwick
All sessions will be in the Institute of Advanced Study (IAS) seminar room (F204)
- 1-2pm Lunch (provided) and introductions
- 2-3pm Introduction to ‘The transparent body? Diagnostic radiology’. Julie Palmer
- 3-3.20pm Introduction to interdisciplinary research. Frances Griffiths
- 3.20-3.30pm Tea and Coffee
- 3.30-4pm Travel to University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW)
- 4–6.30pm Visit to UHCW Radiology Department with Richard Wellings, consultant radiologist.
Workshop participants will take a tour of the radiology department with the guidance of Richard Wellings, consultant radiologist. There will also be time to look at a range of images, to ask questions, and to discuss issues arising.
- 6.30-7pm Travel to University of Warwick
- 7pm Dinner (provided) at Arden House for participants and speakers
- A chance to continue informal discussion and networking
- 9.30-11am Lecture by Kelly Joyce
'A Sacred Technology? Connecting Cultural Stories about MRI to Medical Practice' with time for questions.
*Note this lecture is open to all staff and students of the University of Warwick
- 11-11.30am Coffee
- 11.30-1pm Facilitated discussion and reflection on fieldtrip in relation to the literature and lectures
- 1-2pm Lunch (provided)
- 2-4pm Moving Forward
- Time to plan development of a working paper
A note about preparation:
We will ask participants to read one or two papers before attending the workshop. We will endeavour to keep these short but we think it is a good way to make sure everyone has some common knowledge and to ensure the standard of discussion is high. We will email participants with the details two weeks before the workshop
How to find us
The workshop will be held on the main campus of the University of Warwick, in the Institute of Advanced Study seminar room, Millburn House.
You can find directions to the University here. Please note that car parking on campus can be extremely difficult. We recommend that you travel by public transport where possible. If you do plan to travel by car, please contact us to discuss parking arrangements.
The Institute of Advanced Study seminar room is in Millburn House. This is marked 38 on the campus map.
Where to Stay
Warwick Conferences offer accommodation on campus. Follow the link for more information and to make an enquiry.
You may prefer to stay at a hotel or guest house in Coventry or Kenilworth. While we can't recommend specific places, please contact us if you need any assistance with finding somewhere to stay.
If you are claiming expenses, please remember to check the funding guidelines before booking.