Clinical Anatomy in all it's aspects but especially with relationship to surgical and radiological specialities and practical procedures in General Practice.Anatomical Director West Midlands Surgical Training Centre UHCW.
Trained in London as a doctor after being VSO teacher in Borneo/Side-tracked into anatomy after writing "Clinical Anatomy of Practical Procedures" in 1973. Fulbright Scholar (1975-76) Iowa City /Clinical Anatomist at UCL for 15 years and taught anatomy at Slade School of Fine Art for 10 years. The Clinical Anatomist at University of Cambridge / Professor (now "emeritus") of Clinical Anatomy @ Warwick Medical School. Life Fellow, Girton College, Cambridge and NHS, Family Practitioner in Brent, London for 45 years.
At present Visiting Prof. LKC School of Medicine, NTU, Singapore. IAMS prize for "Interactive Skeleton" CD-ROM (1993) / The Richard Asher Prize of the Royal Society of Medicine, London for best new medical text book (2005). Books now include Abrahams and McMinn "Clinical Atlas of Human Anatomy" now in its 8th edition - which won the BMA book award (2008) ,Weir and Abrahams "Imaging Atlas of Human Anatomy" now in 5th edition, Gray's Anatomy Review, 2nd Edition, and Bailey and Love's "Essential Clinical Anatomy" as well as 30 other books, CDs, DVDs, Apps in over 90 language editions. American Association of Clinical Anatomists (AACA) recognized his contributions as its "Honoured Member" "for authorship of anatomical textbooks and electronic resources in many languages worldwide". Farquharson Award (2015) from RCSED for contribution to Surgical Anatomy worldwide. Examiner for FRCS & MRCS for over 38 years. WATE award -Warwick Teaching and UK National Teaching Fellow- FHEA 2014 / Lettsom Medal of Med. Soc. London (2018). Set up the West Midlands Surgical Training Centre (WMSTC) - a cadaver operative suite and teaching centre for international health professionals - Consultant to the Buckingham Palace Exhibition "Leonardo - Anatomist " and Co-curator to the "Mechanics of Man" Leonardo Da Vinci exhibition at Holyroode Palace for the Edinburgh Festival 2013.
Since 2014 has been anatomical consultant to Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge and advisor to the Director of the Uffizi, on the anatomy of renaissance statues in Florence. Lecturing worldwide e.g. Singapore National Gallery, Royal Academy of Arts, Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians UK and numerous universities in USA, Africa and S. E. Asia as well as plenary lecturer at all major Clinical Anatomy Associations and Max Brodel Lecture of Association of Medical Illustrators (USA). The interface between art and anatomy science education has led to my presenting at numerous medical education conferences i.e. ASME, IFFA, and Transform MedEd Singapore 2018/ Imperial college 2020 and to a chapter contribution in "Michelangelo - Sculptor in Bronze" Has set up and funded "The Abrahams -Goh scholarship"- for medical student elective exchange between UNIMAS Sarawak and WMS .
- Mogali, Sreenivasulu Reddy, Vallabhajosyula, Ranganath, Ng, Chee Hon, Shun, Darren Lim Meng, Ang, Eng Tat, Abrahams, Peter H., 2018. Scan and Learn: Quick Response Code Enabled Museum for Mobile Learning of Anatomy and Pathology. Anatomical Sciences Education
- Lhuaire, Martin, Hivelin, Mikael, Dramé, Moustapha, Abrahams, Peter H., Kianmanesh, Reza, Fontaine, Christian, Lantieri, Laurent, 2017. Determining the best recipient vessel site for autologous microsurgical breast reconstruction with DIEP flaps: An anatomical study. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery, 70 (6), pp. 781-791
- Loukas, M., Walters, A., Boon, J.M., Welch, T.P., Meiring, J.H., Abrahams, Peter H., 2012. Pericardiocentesis : a clinical anatomy review. Clinical Anatomy, Vol.25 (No.7), pp. 872-881
- Ang, Eng-Tat, Sugand, Kapil, Hartman, Mikael, Seow, Choon-Sheong, Bay, Boon-Huat, Abrahams, Peter H., 2012. Singapore's anatomical future : Quo Vadis?. Anatomical Sciences Education, Vol.5 (No.4), pp. 234-240
- Lefroy, Henrietta, Burdon-Bailey, Victoria, Bhangu, Aneel, Abrahams, Peter H., 2011. A novel technique for teaching the brachial plexus. Clinical Teacher, Vol.8 (No.3), pp. 196-199
- Loukas, M., Bilinsky, E., Bilinsky, S., Abrahams, Peter H., Diamond, M., Shoja, M. M., Tubbs, R. Shane, 2011. Surgery in early Jewish history. Clinical Anatomy, Vol.24 (No.2), pp. 151-154
- Fruhstorfer, B. H., Palmer, Julie, Brydges, Stephen, Abrahams, Peter H., 2011. The use of plastinated prosections for teaching anatomy - the view of medical students on the value of this learning resource. Clinical Anatomy, Vol.24 (No.2), pp. 246-252
- Bhangu, Aneel, Boutefnouchet, Tarek, Yong, Xu, Abrahams, Peter H., Joplin, Ruth, 2010. A three-year prospective longitudinal cohort study of medical students' attitudes toward anatomy teaching and their career aspirations. Anatomical Sciences Education, Vol.3 (No.4), pp. 184-190
- Sugand, Kapil, Abrahams, Peter H., Khurana, Ashish, 2010. The anatomy of anatomy : a review for its modernization. Anatomical Sciences Education, Vol.3 (No.2), pp. 89-93
- Hebert-Blouin, Marie-Noelle, Chowdhry, Shakeel A., Abrahams, Peter H., Spinner, Robert J., 2009. An unusual anatomical explanation for contralateral upper extremity weakness after frontal craniotomy. Clinical Anatomy, Vol.22 (No.7), pp. 840-845
- Boon, Johannes Marinus, Van Schoor, A., Abrahams, Peter H., Meiring, J. H., Welch, Theo P., 2008. Central venous catheterization ? an anatomical review of a clinical skill, part 2 : internal jugular vein via the supraclavicular approach. Clinical Anatomy, Vol.21 (No.1), pp. 15-22
- Boon, J. M., Van Schoor, A. N., Abrahams, Peter H., Meiring, J. H., Welch, T., Shanahan, D., 2007. Central venous catheterization?an anatomical review of a clinical skill?Part 1 : Subclavian vein via the infraclavicular approach. Clinical Anatomy, Vol.20 (No.6), pp. 602-611
- Schoor, A. N., Boon, J. M., Bosenberg, A. T., Abrahams, Peter H., Meiring, J. H., 2005. Anatomical considerations of the pediatric ilioinguinal/iliohypogastric nerve block. Pediatric Anesthesia, Vol.15 (No.5), pp. 371-377
- Boon, J. M., Abrahams, Peter H., Meiring, J. H., Welch, T., 2004. Cricothyroidotomy : a clinical anatomy review. Clinical Anatomy, Vol.17 (No.6), pp. 478-486
- Boon, J. M., Abrahams, Peter H., Meiring, J. H., Welch, T., 2004. Lumbar puncture : anatomical review of a clinical skill. Clinical Anatomy, Vol.17 (No.7), pp. 544-553
- Boon, J. M., Abrahams, Peter H., Meiring, J. H., Welch, T., 2004. Lumbar puncture for the generalist. South African Family Practice, 46 (2), pp. 38-42
- Abrahams, Peter H., Craven, John L., Lumley, John S. P., 2011. Illustrated clinical anatomy. London, Hodder Arnold
- Weir, Jamie, Abrahams, Peter H., Spratt , Jonathan D., Salkowski, L. R., 2011. Imaging atlas of human anatomy. Edinburgh, Mosby Elsevier
- Loukas, Marios, Carmichael, S. W., Colborn, Gene L., Abrahams, Peter H., 2010. Gray's anatomy review. Edinburgh, Churchill Livingstone
- Abrahams, Peter H., Spratt , Jonathan D., 2009. Abrahams visual guide to clinical anatomy [electronic resource]. London, Mosby Elsevier
- Abrahams, Peter H., Boon, Johannes Marinus, Spratt , Jonathan D., 2008. McMinn's clinical atlas of human anatomy. St. Louis, MO ; London, Mosby Elsevier