I am an interdisciplinary researcher spanning both health and social care research. My expertise is in qualitative and mixed methods and I am co-lead for Warwick Medical School's 20 CATs Masters module Mixed Methods in Health Research. I am a Patient and Public Involvement Adviser and regional lead for Social Care for the NIHR Research Design Service (RDS) West Midlands. I am especially interested in health and social care in the community, including services provided by the voluntary sector. My recent projects include an NIHR HTA funded Feasibility study for an impact study of Social Prescribing and an evaluation of the Better Care Fund in England for DHSC. I am currently working on an evaluation of the Recommended Summary Plan for Emergency Care and Treatment (ReSPECT) in primary and community care.
Jenny joined the Division of Health Sciences in October 2018 as Senior Research Fellow. Jenny was previously Health Services Researcher at the Nuffield Department of Population Health, University of Oxford (2017-2018). Prior to that she was Research Fellow at the University of Birmingham for the Health Services Management Centre and Third Sector Research Centre (2012-2017). Jenny completed her ESRC funded PhD in Social and Policy Sciences at the University of Bath in 2012 which included an ESRC research internship at the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO). She was also Programme Manager for the National Care Forum (NCF) and Voluntary Organisations Disability Group (VODG) for the DHSC Voluntary Sector Partnerships Programme from 2009 to 2012.
- Kelly, Laura, Harlock, Jenny, Peters, Michele, Fitzpatrick, Ray, Crocker, Helen, 2020. Measures for the integration of health and social care services for long-term health conditions: a systematic review of reviews. BMC Health Services Research, 20
- Crocker, Helen, Kelly, Laura, Harlock, Jenny, Fitzpatrick, Ray, Peters, Michele, 2020. Measuring the benefits of the integration of health and social care: qualitative interviews with professional stakeholders and patient representatives. BMC Health Services Research, 20
- Harlock, Jenny, Caiels, James, Marczak, Joanna, Peters, Michele, Fitzpatrick, Raymond, Wistow, Gerald, Forder, Julien, Jones, Karen, 2020. Challenges in integrating health and social care : the Better Care Fund in England. Journal of Health Services Research & Policy, 25 (2), pp. 86-93
- Combes, Gill, Damery, Sarah, Gunby, Clare, Harlock, Jenny, Isham, Louise, Jones, Alice, Maxted, Fay, Parmar, Priti, Schaub, Jason, Smith, Deb, Taylor, Julie, Bradbury-Jones, Caroline, 2019. Supporting survivors of sexual violence : protocol for a mixed-methods, co-research study of the role, funding and commissioning of specialist services provided by the voluntary sector in England. BMJ Open, 9 (12)
- Harlock, Jenny, Williams, Iestyn, Robert, Glenn, Hall, Kelly, Mannion, Russell, Brearley, Sally, 2018. Doing more with less in health care : findings from a multi-method study of decommissioning in the English National Health Service. Journal of Social Policy, 47 (3), pp. 543-564
- Newbigging, Karen, Mohan, John, Rees, James, Harlock, Jenny, Davis, Alex, 2017. Contribution of the voluntary sector to mental health crisis care in England : protocol for a multimethod study. BMJ Open, 7 (11)
- Williams, Iestyn, Harlock, Jenny, Robert, Glenn, Mannion, Russell, Brearley, Sally, Hall, Kelly, 2017. Decommissioning health care : identifying best practice through primary and secondary research ? a prospective mixed-methods study. Health Services and Delivery Research, 5 (22), pp. 1-194
- Robert, Glenn, Harlock, Jenny, Williams, Iestyn, 2014. Disentangling rhetoric and reality : an international Delphi study of factors and processes that facilitate the successful implementation of decisions to decommission healthcare services. Implementation Science, 9 (1)
- Harlock, J., 2019. Understanding the state?third sector relationship in public services delivery. Carmel, E. (ed.), Governance Analysis, Critical Enquiry at the Intersection of Politics, Policy and Society, Cheltenham, Edward Elgar Publishing Limited
- Harlock, Jenny, Miller, Robin, 2017. From development to delivery : personalisation and the third sector. In Rees, James; Mullins, David (eds.), The Third Sector Delivering Public Services: Developments, Innovations and Challenges, Bristol, Policy Press Scholarship, pp. 189-210
- Harlock, Jenny, 2018. A system-level evaluation of the Better Care Fund : final report. QORU
|Title||Funder||Award start||Award end|
|NIHR via UoB: Supporting survivors of sexual violence: a mixed methods, co-research study of the role, funding and commissioning of specialist services provided by the voluntary sector in England||National Institute for Health Research (NIHR DoH)||01 Nov 2019||31 Jul 2022|
|Social Prescribing short term project commissioned via NIHR NETSCC||National Institute for Health Research (NIHR DoH)||01 Mar 2020||31 Aug 2020|