Offers a flexible method of learning to meet the educational and development needs of practitioners who are involved in teaching or training students or trainees, whether as individual learners or in groups in any public, private or voluntary health care environment
- Gain the necessary knowledge and skills to provide sound educational experiences for learners in a clinical environment
- Acquire the ability to design, plan and manage learning experiences for groups of trainees or for learners on a one to one basis
- Work with experienced clinicians and leading academics in the field of medical education
The aim of this module is to enable students to begin to develop their understanding of education in the field of clinical practice, and to begin to apply that understanding in the workplace. It is intended to be the introductory module to the Masters, and is designed to build the foundations on which other modules can build.
- Master in Medical Education (MMedEd) programme
- Not sure the Masters programme is for you? Take this module as Postgraduate Award. Contact us for more information
Before completing the course, you will undertake our Induction and Professional Development module, introducing you to all the underpinning regulations, guidance and support available to you during your postgraduate study.
Tel: 024 7657499/024 76150453
Leader: Dr Catherine Bennett
Duration: 5 days
5,000 word portfolio to be submitted 12 weeks following the taught sessions
(A) - 13/08/2018
(A01) - 24/09/2018
(A02) - 21/12/2018