This module provides a valuable opportunity to gain information about the wide range of research projects available across the university.
Tue 08 Jan '1908/01 - 09/01: Research Topics in IBRTue 15 Jan '1915/01 - 16/01: Research Topics in IBRTue 22 Jan '1922/01 - 23/01: Research Topics in IBRWed 30 Jan '19Research Topics in IBRTue 05 Feb '1905/02 - 06/02: Research Topics in IBR
There will be two half-day session per week. Each session will be led by a different academic and will focus on a specific research area. Sessions may include:
- Lecture (delivered by the academic leading the session)
- A group session based on some aspect of the research
At the end of the module, each student will present a seminar based on one of the sessions. A portfolio recording achievements and supporting evidence will be maintained throughout the module.
- Principles of interdisciplinary biomedical research
- Constructing systematic literature searches
- Scientific information services
- Conducting quantitative biomedical imaging research
- Case studies in quantitative biomedical imaging research
- Writing a literature review
- Team development, learning styles, team roles
- Skills in presentation of scientific research
- MSc routes: available as a module on the Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research MSc