Learn about concepts of health and illness, including:
- An introduction to the social determinants of health
- Poverty and Health
- Explanations for the Social Patterning of Health
- Tackling Health Inequalities
- Gender and Health
- Ethnicity and Health
- Disability and Health
- ‘New’ Public Health
- Available as a core option on MSc in Health Research; or on Masters in Public Health
- Not sure an MSc is for you? Take this module as a Postgraduate Award. Contact us for more information
Before completing the course, you will undertake our Induction and Professional Development module, introducing you to all the underpinning regulations, guidance and support available to you during your postgraduate study.
Melissa Parkes/ Katie Robertson
Duration: 5 days
4,000 word essay
Next course start date:
Cohort A: 12/01/2022
Application Deadline: 01/12/2021
Teaching scheduled is provisional and may change. It is therefore advised that you check individual module pages in advance of teaching.
Module running dates for the 2022/23 academic year will be available June 2022.