An initial introduction to the care of children with diabetes, which includes:
- An understanding of the role of genetics in the predisposition to type I diabetes
- A knowledge of pharmacology and therapeutics necessary for optimum control
- An understanding of the educational process, and the differing needs of the child and adolescent
- Available as a core option module on MSc in Diabetes programme; or on MSc in Diabetes (Paediatrics)
- Not sure an MSc is for you? Take this module as a Postgraduate Award. Contact us for more information
Before completing the course, you will undertake our Induction and Professional Development module, introducing you to all the underpinning regulations, guidance and support available to you during your postgraduate study.