The overall aim of the module is to enhance the contribution of health professionals, planners and managers to both the development and delivery of public health and health care policy, from both statutory and non-statutory settings, through relevant gains in knowledge of global policy content; awareness and understanding of international developments, and the ability to appraise and apply policy models and methodologies
- Demonstrate a systematic critical understanding of the relative significance of global policies and explain international policy options and trends
- Contribute effectively to policy development in senior professional contexts through written communication/presentations
- Contribute effectively to policy development in senior professional contexts through oral presentations and the negotiation of effective relationships
- Apply comparative analysis and critical appraisal skills in relation to international health policy derived from theory and research at the forefront of international scholarship
- Draft policy documents demonstrating systematic critical understanding of international health policy sources
- Demonstrate the motivation to include active policy interest in long term career development.