In this module you will have the chance to complete a work-based project. You will draw up the specific rationale and aims of the project in a ‘learning agreement’ and the planning of your project will be supported through tutorials with the module leader.
The specific content of this module will vary depending upon the negotiated focus of the project and may relate directly to your area of clinical specialty.
The following topics will be covered in group tutorials:
- Reflection upon experience to identify and evidence learning
- Career SWOT analysis
- Work-based and self-directed learning
- Management and organisation of self and negotiated learning
- Constructing, writing and referencing a work-based project report or critical commentary and portfolio of work- based evidence.
Timetabled teaching activities
Tutorials will be held to develop the individual proposals. Supervisory meetings (virtual/face-to-face) will be held with students on an individual basis to support the project.
Module code: MD9A4-20
Assessment may take the form of either:
- Project report of 3,000 words plus 15-minute viva-style discussion OR
- Work artefact and critical commentary agreed in advance with the module leader as equivalent to 3,000 words plus 15-minute viva style discussion.
Available as a standalone Postgraduate Award or a module on the following courses: