Open PDRA positions
- Potential candidates willing to apply for funding such as Newton fellowshipLink opens in a new window or Marie Curie fellowshipLink opens in a new window should contact Prof. Peng Wang in advance.
Open PhD positions
You can choose your research projects from one of the two main areas:
- developing novel computational diffractive imaging techniques (ptychography, 4D STEM) for cryogenic electron microscopy (Cryo-EM), light atomic detecting (O, Li elements), low dose imaging (beam sensitive materials), 3D reconstruction and EM field mapping, which can then tackle characterization challenges across the physical and life sciences, ranging from battery materials to biological macromolecules;
- in situ examining atomic structures of advanced materials and their functional properties with an emphasis on complex oxides and two-dimensional materials.
Potential candidates willing to apply for funding such as
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for 2023/2024 – deadline is 17th October 2023. Commonwealth PhD Scholarships - Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (fcdo.gov.uk)
- Bell Burnell Scholarship Scheme for 2023/24 – deadline has yet to be released, but last year the internal deadline was the 15th December (as only one applicant per university can be submitted) for a funder deadline of the 20th January 2023. Bell Burnell Graduate Scholarship Fund | Institute of Physics (iop.org)
- Chancellors International Scholarship – internal deadline of 12th December. There will be up to 42 CIF PhDs across the university this round.Warwick Chancellor's International Scholarship
- China Scholarship Council – the Warwick internal deadline for this is 18th January. Warwick offers 30 scholarships (by contrast some universities like Oxford only offer 8 to 10, use this to encourage to apply here!). CSC-UoW PhD Scholarships (warwick.ac.uk)
- Monash-Warwick Alliance – deadline will be 9th January. MWA Joint Scholarships (Warwick)
- Various international scholarships – these are in partnership with overseas institutions. Please see International Scholarships (warwick.ac.uk)
- EUTOPIA PhD Co-tutelle Programme – Joint PhD scholarships. The deadline last year for this was 9th May. As this is quite late in the application cycle it may be useful to think about potential collaborations at EUTOPIA institutions now, as you will need a candidate ready for when the call opens.EUTOPIA PhD Co-tutelle Programme - Eutopia (eutopia-university.eu)
- Potential self-funded PhD students should contact Prof. Peng Wang in advance for a general discussion and interview.
- There are scholarships available for international students applying to Warwick University. Please see the Chancellor's International Scholarship and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) scheme. The deadlines for both of these schemes are typically in January, preceding the September you wish to start, but it's better to start your application around November.
- MSc positions, usually starting in September, are always open. Please contact Prof. Peng Wang for any further details.
To discuss future projects contact:
Prof. Peng Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Google Scholar (H-index 58): https://scholar.google.co.uk/citation
For details on group, research interest you may access: