As an offer holder on a WMG Masters course at the University of Warwick, you will be required to pay a tuition fee deposit in order to secure your place.
The deposit serves to confirm your commitment to take up your place, given the high level of interest in WMG courses and the limited number of places available. The deposit fee will be retained by the University and will contribute towards your tuition fee when you take-up your place on the course.
Accepting your offer
You still need to accept your offer as per the instructions in your offer letter. This is separate to paying your deposit, and confirms that you understand and agree with the University Terms and Conditions. Please refer to your offer letter for how to accept your offer.
Deposits should be paid using the online transaction form, by the date specified in your offer.
In light of the ongoing and complex situation with COVID-19, we will be extending the deposit deadline to June 15th. We will continue to monitor the situation and if necessary will extend this date further. Candidates who prefer to pay their deposit ahead of this date can still do so using the online transaction system.
Home/EU fee payers are required to pay a deposit of £750.
Overseas fee payers are required to pay a deposit of £1500. This will be reflected on your CAS
Deposits should be paid wherever possible through the online transaction system. (https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/wmg/education/wmgmasters/entry/ftmsc_deposit)
If you are experiencing difficulties making the payment through this system, please persevere, as it may not work first time. If you continue experiencing difficulties, you may make a bank transfer referencing your Warwick ID number. Please contact us to inform us if you pay your deposit this way as we will not be automatically informed unless the deposit is paid through the Online Transaction System linked above. You should email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm payment.
Exemptions for sponsored students
You do not need to pay a deposit if you are a sponsored student, i.e. if you are having your tuition fees paid by a recognised third-party sponsor such as a the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, an overseas government, or a charity.
Please complete this form (https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/wmg/education/wmgmasters/entry/ftmsc_deposit_exemption) to confirm to us that you are being sponsored to study your Masters with us and to request exemption from paying the deposit. You will need to provide details of the scholarship/funding you have been awarded. If your funding has not yet been confirmed, please completed the form with details of the funding you have applied for.
NB. This does not include any University scholarships such as the WMG Excellence Scholarship.
Tuition fee deposits will only be refunded if you fail to take-up your place because:
- You require a Tier 4 visa and have had your visa application refused or rejected. You will be asked to provide evidence to show the refusal/rejection.
- You fail to meet the academic terms of your offer (final grade achieved and/or English language). You will be asked to provide evidence to show that you have made every effort to meet your conditions, including submitting a recent English language test taken since paying your deposit.
- There are exceptional circumstances beyond your control. If you feel this may apply to you, your request should be made to WMGScholarships@warwick.ac.uk and will be considered by the Admissions Panel on an individual basis.
- All refunds should be requested before the start of term: 5th October 2020. Requests made after the start of term can not be considered.
- Refunds will be processed through the online transaction system through which you pay your deposit. Please note that if you pay through bank transfer or other means directly to the Student Finance Office this will cause significant delays should a refund be required.