Once you have completed enrolment and have started your course, you will have access to WMG's Student Portal which is full of information. In the meantime, we hope you find the information below helpful for starting your studies at WMG this autumn!
The Full-time MSc course is one full year (October 2021 - September 2022).
The 21/22 academic year begins on Monday 4th October 2021. Postgraduate study does not follow the usual University term dates; you are expected to be available to attend taught sessions throughout the year.
The only exceptions are the following dates when the University is closed:
- Friday 24th December 2021 - Monday 3rd January 2022 inclusive
- Friday 15th April - Monday 18th April 2022 inclusive
The WMG Induction commences on Monday 4th October 2021, details will be confirmed closer to the time, but typical induction events include a Welcome to WMG event, where you will get to meet some key staff, an Essential Information Session, a Meet the Course Leader and peers session, Student Experience sessions, careers and skills workshops, campus tours, social events and more! There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions, including at a Q&A panel. You will also be introduced to the SPA module (Study, Professional and Analytics). To complement the online and socially distanced face to face activities, there will be an Induction Moodle* which has a lot of important and really useful information. (*Moodle is Warwick's Virtual Learning Environment)
Once you are fully enrolled and have completed induction week, your personal module schedule will be published via WMG's schedule system.
Once you are booked onto a module, you will automatically be enrolled on that module in Moodle (Warwick's Virtual Learning Environment). This will include a detailed session timetable for the module week(s). You will also be added to an MS Team, within which any online elements will be delivered.
If you have already enrolled you will be able to view further information about modules on the Student Portal: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/wmg/ftmsc/modules.
During induction week, you will get an opportunity to meet your Course Leader who is responsible for your specific MSc course. You will also be allocated a Personal Tutor in the first few weeks of term. Your Personal Tutor will be an academic member of staff at WMG and will help you to settle into the University and try to answer any questions you may have about the department, and the course. Other key staff you will come into contact with during your year are your module tutors, project supervisor, administrative staff and course management.
Once you have enrolled you will be able to view further information about WMG staff on the Student Portal: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/wmg/ftmsc/info/
- Staying safe on campus: https://warwick.ac.uk/coronavirus/
- A step-by-step guide on how to access myAdvantage, the University of Warwick's Careers and Skills portal. You can also book specific WMG events using myAdvantage: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/wmg/education/wmgmasters/offerholders/welcome/myadvantage/
- Where to find us: a guide to WMG Buildings: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/wmg/education/wmgmasters/offerholders/location
- Enrollment, arrival and registration: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/wmg/education/wmgmasters/offerholders/arrivals/
- Paying your tuition fees: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/wmg/education/wmgmasters/offerholders/beforeyouarrive/fees/
- Opportunities and development: route to get involved beyond the classroom: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/wmg/education/wmgmasters/offerholders/opportunities/
SPA (Study, Professional, and Analytical Skills)
SPA (Study, Professional, and Analytical Skills) is a module delivered throughout the year to set you up for academic and professional success. SPA provides a variety of opportunities to learn about topics including critical thinking, academic writing, literature reviews, data analysis, and working in teams. Engage with SPA on Moodle and MS Teams to meet your classmates, develop your skills, and reach your potential.