You may obtain a Certificate of Status in one of the following ways:
- All students can call in to Student Reception, ground floor, Senate House, where one will be printed for you whilst you wait;
- Part-time/distance learning students, research postgraduates and alumni only should complete the form below requesting that one is sent to you.
The second option is aimed those who do not attend campus frequently. Full-time students are respectfully asked to obtain their letter in person from Student Reception.
If you complete the form below we will endeavour to post your Certificate of Status within two working days but please allow up to five working days at busy times. You should then allow time for the document to be delivered. As no charge is made for this service we will always use second class post in the UK and standard airmail for the rest of the world.
- If you require a Certificate of Status for a Schengen visa, or to use with other overseas visa applications, you may use this form. For any other immigration purposes such as post study work letters or to confirm your attendance at graduation, please use the form provided by the International Student Support Office (available here);
- If you live at an address with a Coventry (CV) postcode you should not require a Certificate of Status for Council Tax purposes;
- The University is not able to confirm if you are (or are not) exempt from paying Council Tax. Your certificate of status will confirm your current status at the University and it will be up to the relevant local council to determine whether you are, therefore, eligible for a disregard;
- If you sign in (using link top, right) some boxes will be automatically completed.