NEW FOR CURRENT STUDENTS:
You can now request a digital Certificate of Status via Student Records Online. Sign in and click on the 'My Data' tab at the top, then 'Request Student Status and Bank Letter'. Ensure you read the instructions provided carefully to ensure a digital Certificate of Status is suitable for your needs.
Current students based on campus remain able to request a Certificate of Status in person from the Student Services Team, Ground Floor, Senate House. The team will print a letter for you while you wait or will be happy to stamp and sign your pre-printed digital Certificate of Status.
The Student Services Team will continue to produce Confirmation of Award letters.
- You can request a Certificate of Status for a Schengen visa, or to use with other overseas visa applications. For any other immigration purposes such as post study work letters or to confirm your attendance at graduation, please use the form provided by the International Student Support Office (available here);
- If you live at an address with a Coventry (CV) postcode you should not require a Certificate of Status for Council Tax purposes;
- The University is not able to confirm if you are (or are not) exempt from paying Council Tax. Your certificate of status will confirm your current status at the University and it will be up to the relevant local council to determine whether you are, therefore, eligible for a disregard;
- For Postgraduate Research students, student status letters cannot be issued to students in extension or students who have submitted their theses but have not yet been examined. However, the University can issue, upon request, a letter confirming whether a student is in extension or has recently submitted a thesis. Please contact the Graduate School if you require such a letter.
If a digital Certificate of Status is not sufficient for your needs and you are not able to collect a Certificate of Status in person, for example because you are a part time student, a distance learning student or an alumni you should phone or email the Student Services Team to request your letter. You should include the following details in your email:
- Warwick ID Number
- Date of Birth
- Course Title
- The year you graduated (if alumnus/a)
- The number of copies required
- The address to which you would like the letter sent. By providing an address you are giving the University your consent to post the contents of a Certificate of Status to the address provided. The University cannot be held responsible for the information contained in the letter once it has been placed into the external mail. All letters will be sent by second class post within the UK.
The Certificate of Status will confirm your name, mode of attendance, your course title, the start and end dates of your course and your address(es). We regret that we are unable to include any information which is not stored on your student record nor to exclude any of the aforementioned information. We reserve the right to amend the content of the document without giving prior notice and to decline repeated requests from any one individual.
On receipt of your email the Student Services Team will endeavour to post your Certificate of Status within two working days but please allow up to five working days at busy times. You should then allow time for the document to be delivered. As no charge is made for this service we will always use second class post in the UK and standard airmail for the rest of the world.