The Warwick campus VPN service:
- Provides a secure method to connect to the University campus network regardless of where you are connecting from.
- Works over a wireless or wired internet connection.
- Is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except during planned maintenance.
- Is supported during normal support hours (8:30 - 17:30 Monday to Thursday, 8:30 - 16:30 Friday).
- Is NOT available from Resnet, the Residential Network.
Note: the University's Acceptable Use Policy (the regulation governing the use of University computing facilities) prohibits the use of the campus VPN to circumvent blocks on internet content in place in other countries.
The campus VPN is available to all Warwick staff and students with an ITS Account who have a genuine need to use it, for example to access specific services securely.
Campus VPN users must abide by the University's Acceptable Use Policy. Please note that this policy prohibits the use of the VPN to circumvent blocks on internet content, such as Google products or certain social media platforms, in place in other countries.
- To request access, please complete the Help Desk self-service form, or call 02476 573737. If you are an undergraduate or taught postgraduate you need to ask your course tutor to request access on your behalf, stating the reason for the request and listing the software and/or applications you need to access.
- You will be required to confirm your identity through a set of security questions. Once your responses have been validated and your request approved (dependent on the reasons provided), you will be granted access.