New /Student VPN Service, available from: Monday 22nd January 2024
We have introduced a new Student VPN service, which is now available, as of: Monday 22nd January 2024, for: UG and PGT students ONLY.
The service is available to Warwick students, who have an IDG account, with a genuine need to use the VPN. For example: To access specific services and applications securely.
The Staff VPN service remains available to ONLY: Staff and Postgraduate Researchers (PGR) students.
UG and PGT students that have been using the Staff VPN up until now, have been transferred to the new Student VPN and will no longer have to access the Staff VPN.
To access the new Student VPN, please ensure the connection in your Cisco Secure Client is: campusvpn.warwick.ac.uk/student
To access the existing Staff VPN, please ensure the connection in your Cisco Secure Client is: campusvpn.warwick.ac.uk/staff
Please be aware that when connecting, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), is enforced, for user authentication, as standard requirement for Warwick accessed systems, and addresses heightened security concerns across the Higher Education sector.
If you DO NOT already have access to the VPN, and require access, you will need to complete the Help Desk self-service formLink opens in a new window.Please follow the Best Practice Use guidance, to understand when you need to use the VPN.
The Warwick campus VPN service:
- Provides a secure method to connect to the University campus network regardless of where you are connecting from.
- Works over a wireless or wired internet connection.
- Is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except during planned maintenance.
- Is supported during normal support hours (8:30 - 17:30 Monday to Thursday, 8:30 - 16:30 Friday).
- Enforces a maximum continuous connection of 12 hours.
- Is NOT available from Resnet, the Residential Network
- When working from home (WFH) you should be connecting your managed desktop to the VPN regularly to ensure optimal stability of your managed desktop. This will help to sync your offline files, application and group policy updates and provide a similar experience as when working on campus.
- As part of the MFA log-in you'll need to use your email@example.com address
Note: the University's Acceptable Use Policy (the regulation governing the use of University computing facilities) prohibits the use of the campus VPN to circumvent blocks on internet content in place in other countries.