You can embed videos in a SiteBuilder page – the video itself can be stored in SiteBuilder, YouTube or Vimeo. We recommend the H.264 MP4 file format for video, as it's compatible with the majority of web browsers and devices.
- Go to the page where you want to add a video.
- Go to Edit > More, and select the Files tab.
- Select Upload file(s) in the toolbar.
If your video file is not in MP4 format, you may see the following message:
“The file (yourvideo.flv) uses a proprietary video format that cannot be played back on devices that do not support Flash plugins.
If possible, please re-encode this file as an H.264 MP4 video to maximise the compatibility.”
Either re-encode your video as H.264 MP4 and upload it to the Files tab or select the Upload anyway button to continue and convert the file in SiteBuilder.
You should now see your video on the Files tab. If your video is not already in MP4 format, you need to convert it. This ensures your video is playable in the majority of web browsers and devices. Select the video on the Files tab, then select Convert in the toolbar:
In the Target format drop-down menu, select H.264 MP4 Video:
- Enter a new file name for the converted video.
Select the Convert/resize button.
You receive an email confirmation when the conversion is complete and the file is available on the Files tab:
- Now go to the Current page tab and select Edit centre content (or Edit right content).
- Place your cursor in the page where you want to insert the video clip.
- In the toolbar, select Insert a... > Video clip.
To insert the video you uploaded to your page, select the picker and browse to the file's location:
To embed a video from YouTube or Vimeo, paste the video URL in the first field:
- Optionally, you can override the default video preview image with your own image. Create your own image, upload it to SiteBuilder and enter the URL of the image in the Preview image URL field.
Select the Insert button. You should see your video URL (or file path) in your page, similar to the following:
- When you have finished editing the page, select the Publish button in the toolbar.
Related help articles
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem