- Go to your news page.
- Select Create new item.
- In the Title box, enter the headline of your news item.
Optionally, you can include a thumbnail image. These appear in two locations – your news page:
…and a news feed, which can be embedded in any web page:
To add a thumbnail image, select Browse/Choose file and attach an image:
- File format: JPG or PNG
- Minimum dimensions: 100 × 100 pixels
- Maximum dimensions 1,170 × 1,170 pixels. The thumbnail in the published news item will be scaled to 100 × 100 pixels regardless of the dimensions of the image you upload.
Enter a short description in the Abstract box – for example, the opening paragraph of your news item or a standalone summary.Tip: for short announcements or news items, put the whole item in the Abstract box and leave the Detail section empty.
In the Detail section, enter the full text of the news item:
Use a pre-existing web page for this item's detail – if you already have a web page containing the full news item, choose this option and enter the web address in the URL box.
- Create the detail for this item now – to write the full text now, select this option and enter the full text in the Detail box. Also, choose whether or not to Create a new web page with this detail. If you do not select the checkbox, the full news item is included as part of the parent news page.
Optionally, add an image to the Detail section – the image can be any size:
- To publish the news item automatically in the future, select Schedule for publication at a later date, then choose the date and time. If you want to publish the news item, leave the checkbox unselected.
- Optionally, to automatically remove the news item in the future, select Expire news item after a certain date/time, then specify the date and time. When a news item expires, the item and associated pages will be deleted. If you need to retain the news items for reference, copy them to another location before setting the news item to expire.
- To keep this news item at the top of your page above more recent items, select Pin news item above all other news items. You can pin multiple items. They display in order of publication, most recent first.
- Select the appropriate Tags to categorise the news item. Tags can help people find information specific to them. Common tags that departments use include Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Funding, Research or Publications.
- Select Save.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem