Celebrate your achievement and receive a certificate at our WSPA celebration events.
What do I need to do?
1. Complete the Getting Started workshop (online or face-to-face)
2. Participate in 3 more WSPA activities
3. Set yourself 3 action points for each activity and work with your coach to reflect on your progress
4. Write a final entry reflecting on your overall learning and achievements
Get started now
Please note that the Getting Started course must be completed in full by Sunday 19 April 2020 if you would like to complete the award during academic year 2019/20. Completion of this course after that date will not enrol you onto the WSPA.MOODLE COURSE SKILLS FESTIVAL
The WSPA will give you the opportunity to:
- Assess your strengths and development needs
- Decide which skills you would most like to develop
- Identify activities to help you improve those skills
- Set yourself action points and put these into practice
- Reflect on your learning and progress
- Think about how you can improve further
- Learn how to talk confidently about the skills you have developed
On completion of the award you will gain a University of Warwick certificate to recognise your achievement and will be invited to take part in a celebration event. If you are an undergraduate students, your achievement will also appear in your HEAR record.
How to achieve the award:
The award is achieved by participating in three eligible activities, setting yourself action points related to these, and producing a series of written, reflective entries. At the start of the award you will be allocated a coach, who will comment on your written entries and provide you with on-going support and feedback.
You should aim to complete the WSPA in the academic year in which you start working towards the award. Most people find they can comfortably achieve this, provided they plan which activities they will take part in and when. You will be able to select your preferred deadline (end of May or end of September) when you complete the ‘Getting Started’ Moodle course.
Please note that the Getting Started course must be completed in full by Sunday 19 April 2020 if you would like to complete the award during academic year 2019/20. Completion of this course after that date will not enrol you onto the WSPA. Enrolment for the WSPA will re-open in October 2020.
About the WSPA
What did you gain from the WSPA?
“The skills I developed during the award have set me up for making the most of the next few years of university, and even beyond.”