Apply for a bursary of up to £500 to undertake a short international experience of your choice this academic year!
ENHANCE YOUR ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT THIS YEAR
- Study placement, e.g. summer schools
- Attending event that will contribute to academic or professional development, e.g. attending film festival
- Research opportunities, e.g. attendance at UG conference or undertaking a structured research project through an overseas university or research centre. Independent primary research is not supported by this scheme.
- Volunteering opportunities
Funding available for 80 students to undertake an opportunity, either in person or online during 2021.
Up to 30 places to be funded in Round 3.
What costs can the bursary cover?
The Short Term Mobility Bursary can provide up to £500 towards the following costs associated with taking part in a short international experience:
- tuition/registration/application/programme fees for activity [virtual or in person experience]
- accommodation during the international experience [in person experience only]
- travel costs (return flights and associated costs, e.g. airport transfers) [in person experience only]
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible for this bursary you must be a UG or PG student, with a priority for students not in their final year. However, finalists who were due to undertake a year abroad this year that was cancelled are encouraged to apply. Please ensure this is made clear in your application. The core purpose of this bursary is to support undergraduates who will not have the opportunity to undertake an international experience during the course of their degree to undertake one.
You can apply for the bursary before or after you apply for the opportunity. However, please note that if you are successful in your bursary application, no funds will be released until you provide evidence of your confirmed place.
How to Apply?
1. Undertake independent research and decide what opportunity you are interested in - apply direct. Some ideas of opportunities can be found here
2. Application Form closed
3. Reference Form closed [Please note the reference will form part of the scoring of your application and it is your responsibility to contact your referee and ensure your reference is completed in time]
4. You will be informed of the outcome of your application by the end of May 2021.
5. If you are successful, you will be contacted by e-mail to sign a contract accepting the bursary, provide proof of your place/activity and submit your bank details. Your bursary will then be processed. You should receive 50% of the bursary in your bank account a minimum of 2 weeks after bursary processing. The remaining 50% shall be paid upon submission of an impact statement or promotional video showcasing your experience.
STUDENTS ARE ONLY ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE FUNDING TOWARDS
ONE SHORT TERM MOBILITY EXPERIENCE THIS ACADEMIC YEAR
Please note if you receive URSS or Work Experience Bursary funding you are not also eligible for Short Term Mobility Bursary funding.
For further details on other funded opportunities that will be available click here