Apply for a bursary of up to £500 to undertake a short international experience of your choice abroad this summer!
ENHANCE YOUR ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT THIS SUMMER
- Study placement, e.g. summer schools
- Research opportunities, e.g. attendance at UG conference or preparation for dissertation
- Attending event that will contribute to academic or professional development, e.g. attending film festival
- Volunteering opportunities
Funding available for 50 students to undertake an opportunity in Europe, and 20 students to undertake an opportunity outside of Europe.
- Ideas of activities that students undertook last year here
- Ideas for this year here
- Ideas for getting started on researching what you could do
[For unpaid work placements, check whether you are eligible for Work Experience Bursary]
What costs can the bursary cover?
The Short Term Mobility Bursary can provide up to £500 towards the following costs associated with taking part in a short international experience:
- tuition/registration fees for activity
- accommodation during the international experience
- travel costs (return flights and associated costs, e.g. airport transfers)
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible for this bursary you must be a UG student, not in your final year. Preference will be given to those who will not have the opportunity to undertake an international experience during the course of their degree.
How to Apply?
1. Undertake independent research and decide what opportunity you are interested in - apply direct.
2. Complete Application Form to apply for bursary here by 23:59 on 9 February 2020
3. Arrange for completion of the Reference Form by a member of staff who supports your application by 23:59 on 9 February 2020 [Please note the reference will form part of the scoring of your application and it is your responsibility to contact your referee and ensure your reference is completed in time]
4. If your application has been shortlisted, you will receive an invite to interview during the week commencing 17 February 2020.
5. If you are successful, you will be contacted by e-mail on 24 February to make you an offer. You will then need to sign a contract accepting the bursary, provide proof of your place/activity and submit your bank details. Your bursary will then be processed. You will receive 50% of the bursary in your bank account a minimum of 2 weeks after bursary processing. The remaining 50% shall be paid upon submission of an A3 poster showcasing your experience and a 1 page impact statement following your experience.
STUDENTS ARE ONLY ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE FUNDING TOWARDS
ONE SHORT TERM MOBILITY EXPERIENCE THIS ACADEMIC YEAR
For further details on other funded opportunities that will be available click here
Applications now closed.
If you have any queries, e-mail email@example.com