Apply for a bursary of up to £500 to undertake a short international experience of your choice this academic year!
ENHANCE YOUR ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT THIS YEAR
- Study placement, e.g. summer schools
- Attending event that will contribute to academic or professional development, e.g. attending film festival
- Research opportunities, e.g. attendance at UG conference or undertaking a structured research project through an overseas university or research centre. Independent primary research is not supported by this scheme.
- Volunteering opportunities
Funding available for 40 students to undertake an opportunity, either in person or online during 2022.
Up to 20 places to be funded in Round 1.
What costs can the bursary cover?
The Short Term Mobility Bursary can provide up to £500 towards the following costs associated with taking part in a short international experience:
- tuition/registration/application/programme fees for activity [virtual or in person experience]
- accommodation during the international experience [in person experience only]
- travel costs (return flights and associated costs, e.g. airport transfers) [in person experience only]
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible for this bursary you must be a UG or PG student, with a priority for students not in their final year undertaking opportunities up to 4 weeks in duration. However, finalists who were due to undertake a year abroad this year that was cancelled are encouraged to apply. Please ensure this is made clear in your application. The core purpose of this bursary is to support undergraduates who will not have the opportunity to undertake an international experience during the course of their degree to undertake one.
You can apply for the bursary before or after you apply for the opportunity. However, please note that if you are successful in your bursary application, no funds will be released until you provide evidence of your confirmed place.
If your opportunity lasts for more than 4 weeks, please note complete this application process but you will also be considered for Turing Scheme funding. It is only possible for students to receive funding support from one source.
How to Apply?
1. Undertake independent research and decide what opportunity you are interested in - apply direct. Some ideas of opportunities can be found hereLink opens in a new window
2. Application Form
3. Reference Form [Please note the reference will form part of the scoring of your application and it is your responsibility to contact your referee and ensure your reference is completed in time]
The application deadline for the Application Form and Reference Form is Wednesday 4 May 2022 at 10:00
4. You will be informed of the outcome of your application by the end of May 2022.
5. If you are successful, you will be contacted by e-mail to sign a contractLink opens in a new window accepting the bursary, provide proof of your place/activity and submit your bank details. You will be asked to complete an impact statement or promotional video showcasing your experience.
STUDENTS ARE ONLY ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE FUNDING TOWARDS
ONE SHORT TERM MOBILITY EXPERIENCE THIS ACADEMIC YEAR
Please note if you receive Warwick in Africa, URSS, Work Experience Bursary or Turing Scheme funding you are not also eligible for Short Term Mobility Bursary funding.
For further details on other funded opportunities that will be available click here