We are pleased to offer ten merit-based Albukhary Scholarships for undergraduate students for 2020/21.
This is a competitive scholarship based on academic merit and financial need and it has been made possible thanks to a generous donation from the Albukhary Foundation, a charity based in Malaysia with a focus on facilitating access to world-class education.
The scholarship provides £20,000 of funding spread over three years of continuous study. The scholarship will be renewed for each year of your course providing you satisfactorily progress through to the next year of study.
Eligibility and application process:
To be considered for this scholarship you must:
- Be a national from one of the following countries*:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Overseas Territories, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Dijibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, DR Congo, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Republic of Congo, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & Grenadines, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan ROC, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
*Proof of nationality will be requested when a scholarship is offered.
- Be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer of study for a full-time three year undergraduate course in the Department of Economics, School of Engineering or Warwick Business School. The list of eligible programmes can be found in the application form.
- Select the University of Warwick as firm choice through UCAS.
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- Apply online through the link on this webpage
- Provide a supporting personal statement of no more than 500 words explaining:
- Why you are a strong candidate for the Albukhary Scholarship
- How this scholarship will help you achieve your career goals and ambitions.
We recommend that you prepare your supporting statement before you start your application.
Applications for 2020 entry are now closed.