If you've already finished your Gold Award, you can still join us as a Post Gold member! Our Post Gold community makes up a vital part of our society: from helping us run expeditions to keeping our participants motivated and just generally bringing the DofE spirit to our socials and trips, we'd be lost (possibly quite literally!) without you!
So don't worry if you're not ready to hang up your walking boots just yet - stick around and enjoy living that Post Gold life!
Our Post Gold Community
Join as a Casual Member All the fun, but with none of the responsibility! Our socials and night hikes are the perfect opportunity to shake the cobwebs of your degree off, play some (competitive) pool and get out and about in the Warwickshire countryside! We'd also love for you to join us on our weekend trips to Wales - no sleeping in tents required!
Help the Society As a Post Gold member, the best thing you can offer us is yourself! Our mentor scheme aims to create a partnership between our Post Gold members and our participants so that our participants can receive dedicated support with their award, get their questions answered and benefit from that first hand knowledge only someone who's been there, done that can give!
If you hold a full drivers license, you can drive on our trips and help make those weekends away happen! If this interests you, please do contact us and let us know!
Our newsletter, the DofE Digest, was created with our Post Gold members in mind! If you have an anecdote or two to tell, or some wisdom to share, then let us know and it may well enter the archives alongside other memorable Post Gold interviews!
Experiences Outside the Society
We don't just help our Post Gold members get involved with the society; we'll also help you find DofE opportunities outside the society too! To anyone interested in carrying on upwards, we can also help you on your way to becoming an adult helper with the DofE scheme! We'll often advertise any of the opportunities below to our Post Gold members, so if anything interests you, please do let us know!
- DofE Supervisor: supervise DofE expeditions or help run trips. Training is required for the DofE role, but not essential for most helpers on trips.
- DofE Assessor: assess DofE expeditions. Training and assessment are required for this role.
- DofE Leader: for running training, planning and signing off participants' sections on eDofE. Some training is required for this role.
- Mountain Leader Training (MLT): useful for being the Named DofE Supervisor on trips, and being responsible for safety and leading groups in mountainous areas in non-winter conditions. A week long course is required, assessment is optional.
- Outdoor First Aid Training: we may share information about Outdoor First Aid courses relevant for mountain walking and the other roles above. Usually a two day course, often subsidised.