If you've already finished your Gold Award and aren't quite ready to hang up your walking boots just yet, join us as a 'Post-Gold' member. Our Post-Gold community makes up a vital part of our society: from helping us run expeditions, mentoring our participants with your DofE wisdom, and bringing the DofE spirit to our socials and trips, we'd (quite literally) be lost without you!
Our Post Gold Community
Join as a Casual Member.
Our socials and night hikes are the perfect opportunity to take a break from studies and get out and about in the Warwickshire countryside. We'd also love for you to join us on our weekend trips to Wales - no sleeping in tents required!
Help the Society.
As a Post-Gold member, the best thing you can offer us is your time and expertise. If you are interested in any of the following, please do contact us and let us know, as we are always keen for any help.
- Mentor scheme - this aims to create a link between our Post-Gold members (as mentors) and our current Award participants (as mentees), to receive dedicated support with their Award, get their questions answered and benefit from that first hand knowledge only a Post-Gold can provide. Sign up to mentor scheme.
- Drive on our trips - and help make those weekends away happen. (Provided you have a full UK drivers license... and possibly a car/van)
- DofE Digest - our Society newsletter, was created with Post-Gold members in mind. If you have an anecdote or two to tell, or some wisdom to share, then let us know and we may well feature you alongside other memorable Post-Gold interviews!
Experiences Outside the Society
We strive to provide Post-Gold members with DofE-related opportunities both within and outside of the Society. To anyone interested in carrying on upwards, we can also help you on your way to becoming an official Adult Helper with the DofE scheme. We'll often advertise any of the opportunities below to our active Post-Gold members, so if anything interests you, please do contact us and let us know.
- DofE Supervisor: supervise DofE expeditions or help run trips. Training is required for the DofE role, but not essential for most helpers on trips.
- DofE Assessor: assess DofE expeditions. Training and assessment are required for this role.
- DofE Leader: for running training, planning and signing off participants' sections on eDofE. Some training is required for this role.
- Mountain Leader Training (MLT): useful for being the Named DofE Supervisor on trips, and being responsible for safety and leading groups in mountainous areas in non-winter conditions. A week long course is required, assessment is optional.
- Outdoor First Aid Training: we may share information about Outdoor First Aid courses relevant for mountain walking and the other roles above. Usually a two day course, often subsidised.