You are a Post-Gold member if you've already completed your Gold Award (before, during or after Uni). We still have lots of opportunities to get involved and help out!
If you are a Post-Gold who would like to be just a casual member, we'd love to see you at most of our types of events (all advertised on our Facebook Page and calendar), including:
- Night Hikes & walks around the local area
- Weekend trips
Help the Society
- Mentor Scheme - become one of our Mentors, and help participants with their Volunteering, Skill, Physical and Residential Sections of the Award. If you are interested in becoming a mentor (or if you are a participant who would like to request a mentor), please let us know in person or via the Contact Us page, email or messaging us on the Facebook Page.
- Executive Committee - become an exec member with us, and run the society! If you are interested, talk to the current Exec members or message us on the Facebook Page and ask about what the roles involve and what you can do to prepare for them. Elections are held annually at the end of Term 2, and available roles include:
- Vice President
- Expeditions Officer (x 2)
- Post Gold Coordinator
- IT & Publicity Officer
- Drive on Trips - If you hold a full drivers license you can drive vehicles (cars, vans - and minibuses if 21+ and pass the SU test) and help make trips possible. If this interests you, please let us know in person or via the Contact Us page, email or messaging us on the Facebook Page.
DofE Leading, MLT & First Aid
Are you interested in assisting with DofE during/after Uni? We can help you become an adult helper with the DofE scheme!
- DofE Supervisor - Supervise DofE Expeditions or help run the trips (training is required for the DofE Role, but not essential for most helpers on trips).
- DofE Assessor - Assess DofE Expeditions for different groups (training and assessment is essential for this role).
- DofE Leader - For running training, planning and signing off Sections of eDofE (some training is required for this role).
- Mountain Leader Training (MLT) - Useful for being the Named DofE Supervisor on trips and safety of leading groups in mountainous areas in non-winter conditions (week long course required, assessment optional).
- Outdoor First Aid Training - We may share information about Outdoor First Aid courses relevant for mountain walking and the other roles above (2 day course, often subsidised).
We share lots of opportunities to help with expedition supervising, including Bronze, Silver and Gold! We can offer these locally or further afield. If this, or any of the roles above, interest you then please let us know! This can be in person, via the Contact Us page, email or messaging us on the Facebook Page.