PhD Candidate in the Department of English and Comparative Literary Studies
Researchgate: profileLink opens in a new window
My name is Raad Khair Allah, a PhD candidate at the Faculty of Arts/ Department of English and Comparative Literary Studies, University of Warwick, UK.
My thesis title is ‘Contemporary Arab Women Writers, Filmmakers and Artists in an International Frame’.
I am a former member of the seminar series organising committee at CSGW/Center for the Study of Women and Gender at the same institution. I was shortlisted for the Paula Svonkin Creative Art Award at the Pacific Ancient and Modern Language Association (PAMLA) conference in Los Angeles, USA, 2022, and subsequently was published on the Pacific Ancient and Modern Language Association (PAMLA) Artsmatter 2022 website https://www.pamlaartsmatter.com/pamla-2022, and was also published by the Arts Faculty News on 25th January 2023 https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/news/arts_fac_news_new/?newsItem=8a17841a85e330030185e39232df1aa7Link opens in a new window.
Currently, I am a senior graduate teaching assistant at the Department of English, University of Warwick, UK (Epic into Novel Module).
Prior to joining the University of Warwick, I worked as an English lecturer at Damascus University (part-time, 2009-2012) and the Syrian Private University (full-time, 2014-2018).
Women's Studies, Gender, Feminism, Sexuality, War and Digital Humanities.
CertificatesDigital Humanities for Postgraduate Researchers (2022)Multi-Lingualism and Diversity (2023)Achieving Sustainability: Potentials and Barriers (2023)
- 2018: Female Issues in Women in Love, The Fortunes and Misfortunes of Moll Flanders, and Tess of the d'Urbervilles (LinkLink opens in a new window).
- 2023: The Use of Miro in Teaching Practice (LinkLink opens in a new window).
- 2023: The Body in Twilight: Representation of the Human Body, Sexuality and Struggle in Contemporary Arab Art (LinkLink opens in a new window).
- 2023: Reflections on AI in Humanities (LinkLink opens in a new window)
- Conference of Arab doctoral students in Western universities (Doha, Qatar - 2022)
- Durham Castle Conference (Durham, UK - 2022)
- Annual Postgraduate Symposium - Department of English at Warwick University (Coventry, UK - 2022)
- PAMLA 119th Annual Conference (Los Angeles, CA, USA - 2022)
- Brismes (Exeter-2023)
- Sex in Contemporary Media Conference (Co-Organizer, Warwick University- 2023)
Visiting Library Fellow (Durham University-2022)
International Summer School (Leicester University-2023)
Inter-Gender Course: How to Read Differently (Vienna University-2023)
I was the keynote speaker at an event run by the Digital Arts and Humanities Lab on 24 May, 2023 and that event has been published in the DAHL Journal 2023 Summer Term Week 1 - DAHL journal (inspireslearning.com)Link opens in a new window.