What period is it anyway? Negotiating Temporal Boundaries in Medieval Studies
Possible topics might include, but are not limited to:
- Is the concept of “the Middle Ages” useful?
- How has the concept of “Late Antiquity” affected perceptions of the period?
- Origins of periodisation
- The limitations of periodisation on historians
- New approaches to the periodisation of the Medieval world
- Periodisation from the Medieval perspective
There may be limited funding available to cover external speakers’ travel expenses. Refreshments will be provided. For any enquiries or for further information please contact: email@example.com or Emma Southon: firstname.lastname@example.org.