Office: Room H319, third floor of the Humanities Building
Phone: 024 76575521 (internal extension 75521)
Office hours: please email to arrange an appointment
- Associate Professor (Wellcome University Award), University of Warwick, 2018
- Assistant Professor (Wellcome University Award), University of Warwick, 2016-18
- Senior Research Fellow (Wellcome University Award), Universiy of Warwick, 2013-16
- British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Warwick, 2010-13
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellow, University of Warwick, 2008-10
- Teaching Fellow in History of Medicine, University of Warwick, 2007-08
- Israel/Palestine 1948 to the Present: (Re)Producing the Nation(s) (HI298)
- Parents and Children in Western Europe and North America, 1860 to the Present (HI3G2)
- Themes and Methods in Medical History (HI907)
- Angela Davis (2015), Pre-school Childcare in England, 1939-2010: Theory, Practice and Experience (Manchester University Press).
Angela Davis (2012), Modern Motherhood: Women and Family in England c. 1945-2000 (Manchester University Press).
- Angela Davis (2017), 'Belonging and ‘Unbelonging’: Jewish refugee and survivor women in 1950s Britain', Womens History Review; 26(1); 130–146.
- Angela Davis (2016), '‘I Want Them to Learn about Israel and the Holidays’: Jewish Israeli Mothers in Early-Twenty-First-Century Britain' Religion and Gender; 6(1); 80-94.
- Angela Davis (2013), ‘Women’s experiences of combining childcare and careers in postwar Oxfordshire, c.1940-1990’, The Local Historian; 43; 14-25
- Angela Davis (2011), ‘A revolution in maternity care? Women and the maternity services, Oxfordshire c. 1948-1974’, Social History of Medicine; 24; 389-406.
- Angela Davis (2009), ‘A critical perspective on British social surveys and community studies and their accounts of married life c. 1945-1970’, Cultural and Social History; 6; 47-64.
My current research looks at health in a transnational perspective, with a focus on Europe and the Middle East. These interests developed out of my comparative study of maternity and infant care in England and Israel: 'Jewish mothers and Jewish babies: Childbearing and childrearing amongst Jewish women in England and Israel'
Previously I looked at the politics, provision and experience of pre-school childcare in Britain during the years 1939-2010: 'Pre-school Childcare, 1939-1979'
My wider research has focused on motherhood in post-war Britain: 'Motherhood in Britain, c.1945-2000'